How do animals arise
Federal Agency for Nature Conservation BfN
With mimicry, living beings imitate other living beings - for example to deceive their enemies or to attract prey.
Hover fly as a wasp
The wasp hover fly is completely harmless. Even so, many birds do not eat it. This is because, with its black and yellow stripes, it can hardly be distinguished from a wasp. Over the course of many generations, she has adapted so well that her camouflage is almost perfect.
Monkfish with worm
The anglerfish is a fish that lies in wait for prey on the ocean floor. If another fish approaches it, it opens its huge mouth in a flash and sucks its prey into it. For this to work, the unsuspecting victim must come very close to the hunter. The anglerfish has made provisions for this: over its mouth it has an appendage that looks like a worm. This "worm" attracts hungry little fish. But instead of finding food, they end up as a meal themselves.
Orchid as an insect
Plants also practice mimicry. The flower of the flywort, for example, looks like an insect - and can imitate the luring scent of female digger wasps so deceptively real that male digger wasps only notice the trick after they have landed on the flower. The pollen from the orchid sticks to the wasp's body and is brought to the next flower by air courier. Pollination by deception - pretty clever!
- What is the HS code
- How can I catch more carp
- How are AbleSkiver non-stick pans made
- Where's the Kodi Media Center
- What problems are hindering the garbage disposal
- Why is religion so flawed
- What is the spherical k means algorithm
- Linkin Park is a real band
- What is the best learning retention algorithm
- What are the similarities between two people
- Works MI Band 2 on iOS
- What is the difference between opponent and opponent
- What are electrical core summer internship options
- How annoying is A Clockwork Orange
- What is the biggest myth in football
- How to buy a quad
- What is the most common number
- How can you shrink Windows 7?
- How are most SNPs discovered and characterized
- Bangalore is a great option for work
- How can we ground in a circuit
- A credit score can be negative
- Which are the non-essential oils
- What are the Kekule structures
- Wear narcissists clothes
- Is Yaya Toure a great midfielder
- Can CA be done without math
- Are tomatoes good for arthritis?
- How do you say grandfather in Italian
- What causes fluid on the knee
- What is the hourglass shaped body weakness
- What is Andrew Yang's story
- How do I find a good broker
- How did the Cold War affect America?