Who are the main British reporters
Diana interview: investigation report incriminates BBC reporter
The reporter lied and misled the then wife of the heir to the throne, Prince Charles, according to an internal investigation report. The broadcaster apologizes.
The BBC missed its standards around a legendary television interview with Princess Diana in 1995 and tried to cover up the wrongdoing. This is the conclusion of an internal investigation report that the British broadcaster published on Thursday. Reporter Martin Bashir lied and misled the then wife of heir to the throne Prince Charles and their brother Charles Spencer by showing them fake bank statements.
In doing so, he wrongly created the impression that people were paid to divulge information about Diana, the report said. With the interview broadcast in November 1995, Diana had shaken the British monarchy. In doing so, she spoke unusually openly about her husband Charles' infidelity and her own mental health problems. "There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit tight," Diana said into the camera - an unheard of taboo break. Shortly thereafter, the eldest Queen son filed for divorce.
The broadcaster apologized. "These were unacceptable mistakes," said BBC board chairman Richard Sharp. It is no consolation that these are mistakes from the past. "The BBC must adhere to the highest possible standards," emphasized Sharp.
(APA / dpa)
- Furniture can catch fire with linseed oil
- What is p1 cnf in irctc
- What human talk complains about
- What are the insecurities in a woman
- Rap fans like rock
- Why does soda freeze faster than water
- How does Amazon ship to Zimbabwe
- Is healthvibed com a fake review website
- Which smartphones have front flash function
- What are James Altucher's companies doing
- How to say secret in Iranian
- Think animals like humans
- How can you become a millionaire right away?
- Why are kitchen machines useful
- What are some underrated movies and shows
- Should celebrities be involved in world affairs
- What makes Oldboy a good movie
- What is Kakuzu in Naruto
- Software companies should offer their solutions open source
- What is the difference between progress and improvement
- Can you decipher the electronics brand OOPP
- Does a Europe adapter work in Switzerland?
- What is a non-rigid body
- What does a Lead Marketing Automation