What is the reason for the property tax
In the following we would like to inform you about property tax.
Legal basis: Real Estate Tax Act 1955 - GrStG 1955, Federal Law Gazette 149/1955, as amended
The property tax is a property tax on domestic property. It is levied on the basis of federal law (land tax law) by the municipalities, which also receive the full income from this tax.
The assessment basis is the base tax amount determined by the Austrian tax office. This is calculated from the unit value of the respective property (economic unit) in accordance with the provisions of Sections 18 and 19 of the Land Tax Act.
Property tax base
It is between property tax
- Property tax A: for agricultural and forestry assets
- Property tax B: for real estate
According to the Financial Equalization Act, the municipalities are empowered to apply a uniform assessment rate of up to 500 percent on the base tax base when setting taxes. The municipality sets the property tax by means of a notice.
• Tax base x tax rate (max. 500 percent) = annual property tax
The property tax, if it exceeds 75 euros per year, will be collected in four installments on February 15, May 15, August 15 and November 15. Amounts of up to 75 euros are payable once a year by May 15th.
Property tax assessment amount of 50 euros times 500 percent assessment rate results in 250 euros in annual property tax, which is to be paid in four installments.
The property tax payer is the owner of the property. The property tax can, however, be passed on to tenants (proportionally) as part of the operating costs of a house. A statutory right of lien (§ 11 GrStG) is liable for the property tax including ancillary fees.
Property tax exemptions
Permanent property tax exemptions
The respective situation tax office decides on the existence of permanent property tax exemptions. Exemptions within the meaning of Sections 2 to 8 of the Real Estate Tax Act are for example provided for public transport routes, flowing waters and for land owned by local authorities that serve the public service or use.
Temporary property tax exemptions
In some federal states, due to state laws, temporary property tax exemptions can be granted by the municipalities, especially for newly created (subsidized) residential properties. The municipal office can provide more information.
- What can we learn from Marc Bodnick
- Chakras are a form of energy
- What's your favorite recipe for the prison
- What is the runtime of Word2vec
- Can CBD really be used as medicine
- What is the purpose of VFD
- Why are kitchen machines useful
- What is the definition of banking
- Which country is better for computer technology
- How do I access ISO standards
- Is Kylo Ren's lightsaber handy
- How can you build a Foucault pendulum
- What is the full form of the MRP
- How can I combine floral skirts
- What are console builders
- Rethinking is just thinking differently
- What is a print medium
- Why did Japanese nationalists want an empire?
- What's your experience with shoulder dislocations
- When did the cooking start
- How is potassium sulfate salt formed
- Can a dentist qualify CAT
- Is Dubai a great place for startups
- Which team will win today's IPL match
- When will Uber arrive in Birmingham UK
- Ayurvedic medicine helps diabetes patients
- Role and responsibility of a teacher
- Blue whales are no longer endangered
- Where did horseradish get its name from?
- Why Are Antibiotics Effective To Cure Chickenpox?
- Which animals cannot jump
- Has Great Clips Coupons
- What are the best books on moral philosophy
- Reasons why PVC is good