How secure is the Bitcoin protocol
Bitcoin transactions simply explained
The really revolutionary thing about Bitcoin (or the Bitcoin protocol) is that information is digitally, once and securely moved between two people (users) and that this transaction can be booked in a public ledger (the so-called blockchain) in a forgery-proof way.
The blockchain works in a similar way to a land register. With the Bitcoin application, the information is a value and thus achieves the functionality of digital cash - it serves for simple payment processing. No bank account or other intermediary is required. The digital money can be safely and verifiably moved directly from one person to another. This reduces the transaction fees or eliminates them altogether. Bitcoin can be used worldwide. Furthermore, in contrast to traditional currencies, Bitcoins are more forgery-proof.
The risks with Bitcoins are currently mainly due to the high volatility of the currency. Then there is a certain defectiveness inherent in software. In the case of security gaps there is also the risk of hacker attacks on private password storage (which has nothing to do with the Bitcoin protocol).
Blockchain technology, however, offers far more options than the mere processing of payments: The technology can be used wherever a legally relevant process needs to be documented in a forgery-proof manner (e.g. when transferring ownership, usage rights or revenue sharing). It is not foreseeable how many new business models can be created by this disruptive technology. The development has only just begun, but is progressing rapidly. This is an excellent opportunity for Switzerland as a business location to present itself as a hub for innovative fintech companies and to play a leading role worldwide in this area. It is therefore necessary to look for tailor-made solutions as to how innovative start-ups can be promoted without restricting their development through excessive regulation.
Download an explanatory diagram here (JPG, 2.2 Mb).
* Luka Müller-Studer | Simon Bohi
- Eating eggs can transmit diseases from the chicken
- Eating earth can cause stomach ache
- What would happen if Konan didn't die?
- Why do we feel distant
- Muslims believe in karma
- In which season do birds migrate
- Where can I download the IELTS books
- How are professors doing at VIT Vellore
- Qualifying stocks for small businesses
- What is 7 6 5 2 3
- How do manatees sleep
- Why are you here today
- Do HIV-infected cells eventually die
- Why do hackers mostly use anonymously
- How's Kellyanne Conway
- Why can't Norwegians handle criticism?
- Can Borderlands 3 be played alone
- Who invented zero 3
- What is creating and modifying a PDF
- How are most SNPs discovered and characterized
- Loved Shri Krishna Satyabhama Devi
- Are training jackets warm
- How is glossy paper made
- Why is reading comprehension an important skill