What is the value of the truth
The value of truth
Patricia eighth Communication Department
Otto Friedrich University of Bamberg
Theological forum at the University of Bamberg begins
New facts can always bring entire structures of thought and worldviews to collapse by questioning previous basic assumptions and creating new ones. In the 21st century, however, the facts themselves seem to have lost credibility. Last but not least, politics and the media are at the center of the debate about dealing with truth (s). On Thursday, October 26th, Dr. Kathrin Degmair from Bayerischer Rundfunk on the subject of "Truth 4.0 - about dealing with a central (journalistic) virtue in the digital media age". The lecture is the prelude to the Theological Forum at the University of Bamberg, which illuminates the value of truth today from different perspectives.
On the second evening of the lecture series, November 9th, Prof. Dr. Christian Schäfer takes the perspective of philosophy. The holder of the Chair of Philosophy I at the University of Bamberg will give a lecture entitled “The Way, the Truths and Life: Why Facts Never Take Revenge on Philosophers”. In it he shows why philosophers are scientists who fear neither facts nor arguments or the truth.
The Theological Forum invites you to three further lectures during the winter semester 2017/2018. The forum is organized by the Institute for Catholic Theology of the University of Bamberg together with Catholic Adult Education in the Archdiocese of Bamberg e. V. aligned. The events always take place on Thursdays at 6.15 p.m. in lecture hall U2 / 00.25, An der Universität 2. They are free and freely available to the public.
Further information on the lecture series and the program can be found at:
Further information for media representatives:
Contact for questions about the Theological Forum:
Prof. Dr. Konstantin Lindner
Chair for Religious Education and Didactics of Religious Education
Tel .: 0951 / 863-1745 (secretary)
Tel .: 0951 / 863-1146
Features of this press release:
Media and communication studies, philosophy / ethics, religion
Colorful things from science, studies and teaching
- How to use sky navigation
- What computer games do the Japanese play
- Why you should avoid buying swimwear online
- Can be completely silent music
- Is there a condition like sociopathic empathy?
- What kind of girls are on tinder
- Self-validation is never enough
- What is your latest best work of art
- What is custom purchase
- Can we do a doctorate abroad?
- How does blockchain affect marketing in particular?
- How is computer-integrated manufacturing beneficial
- Is to have structure in cpp constructor
- When is a tracheostomy contraindicated?
- Most atheists start out as agnostics
- Dawkins email
- Can you chill Netflix and alone
- Who are the main British reporters
- TikTok spies on Americans
- Aging the elves in LOTR
- How can I learn HTML quickly
- Are all millionaires and billionaires powerful people
- What do you like about learning English
- Can non-Buddhists recite mantras
- Can the Steelers win Super Bowl LII?
- Should postdocs be paid more
- Who is Alex Smith
- What is a unicap calculation
- Robots can kill better than humans
- What is the best Japanese cutlery
- How can X-shaped legs be corrected?
- Is Volkswagen seen as a good brand
- Can you die from a broken thigh?