Smoke grenades were used in World War II
Close defense weapon
The Close defense weapon was a device for firing smoke grenades that was used in German armored vehicles in the final stages of World War II. It could also be used for short-range defense by firing HE shells.
The close defense weapon made it possible to fire smoke grenades from inside the vehicle under armor protection. With the externally attached smoke pots that had been used up until then, there was a risk that they would explode under enemy fire and the smoke would render the crew incapable of fighting.
The close-range defense weapon consisted of a rotatable throwing cup with a 92mm diameter, which was attached at an angle in the interior of the armored vehicle, at an opening in the top of the hull or the turret. The back of the throwing cup could be opened by means of a hinge for loading the grenade. After loading, the throwing cup was closed and the ignition screw screwed into a recess on the back of the throwing cup. Firing was done by operating the trigger at the rear of the throwing cup.
The Schnellnebelkerze 39 was used as a smoke grenade.
With the close-up weapon deployed, explosive grenades or flares could also be fired from the interior of the tank with the combat pistol.
The close defense weapon was first used on the Tiger I in March 1944. It was then used in other armored vehicles such as the Panther, Jagdpanther, Tiger II, Sturmgeschütz III and Panzer IV.
- A load has any weight
- How did your narcissist ex devalue you
- What are some unknown things about bars
- What are effective and ethical communicators
- Who is your favorite Marvel movie couple
- What are the causes of emotional overeating
- How powerful was Super Buu
- Who built the first nuclear power plant
- Can you explain what exactly GMOs are
- Where can I buy NYX in Budapest
- How do bot zombies solve CAPTCHAs
- What happens to the superconductor at absolute temperature
- What causes headache after exercise
- How much do claw machines earn
- What is your experience with Strattera
- What is an ordering system
- Mori is a Japanese surname
- Lead religion to the caste system
- How is Ranu Mandal
- Where is applet used
- What is love without luck
- Pakistani people know about Arnab Goswami
- Let the Igbo people return to Odinani
- Have Nigeria and Algebria countries Internet