Where can I learn basic game coding
What milestones should a child reach before learning to code?
As a programmer, I would suggest the following to you:
Abstract Thinking, Pragmatic Thinking, Higher Problem Solving. Design pattern (Not programming in general, but building. Building in the sense of building, building. Did you know that design patterns arise from designing buildings and solving technical problems?)
Also, I would recommend starting with the famous little programming language for kids: Logo. There are actually pretty good games to get your kid up and running.
But you can google this so I don't bother copying these results. Your main goal is to get his attention and get him to think like a programmer, or at least start thinking like one.
After that, you can start applying the knowledge to algorithms and solving problems and object-oriented programming.
I would also recommend using mind maps, as children are more likely to remember to shine brightly on colorful things. :) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_map
Ohhh too ... I forgot, but that might help.
As a kid, I loved automating everything. That's why I'm an automation test engineer today. It might be fun showing your child how to automate tasks. How to manipulate the windows and what your pc is doing. Maybe a real-world interaction like OCR with a video feed. Or a simple motion tracking system with a cheap camera.
I think the boy would be very happy if he could see, for example, whether his parents are approaching his room. :) Or build a little Lego robot and program a routine into it, like get me milk. Which is difficult but gets it working and also will have a goal and a real life experience that is VERY important in the first few years.
See: Lego Mind Storm: http://mindstorms.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx
- Are we humans really good at heart?
- What is the most beneficial flip phone
- Rahul Gandhi is a liar
- How can wisdom be scaled
- Can someone who does not study medicine
- What are good examples of moral intelligence
- Is PTSD normal after rape?
- When will anime die
- Will the Queen ever officially withdraw?
- Who is Bhishma
- What does Moldavitoel do
- US casino winnings are taxed
- Would you get to know me
- What are some possible treatments for amyloidosis
- Why do liberals believe black lives matter
- What is a QuerySet Django
- Which planet has 62 moons
- Is Darjeeling's tea nutritious
- What is Bootstrap mainly used for?
- How do you make a synthesizer
- Who was considered the greatest knight
- You can use Neosporin for piercings
- Hacker what is the Syrian electronic army
- What happens without religions