How does Wikipedia deal with wrong content
Politicians no longer insist on Wikipedia bans
Lutz Heilmann, a member of the Bundestag for the Links parliamentary group, no longer insists on a forwarding block for the Wikipedia.de website. The politician stated in a press release today: "After the wrong, detrimental and therefore personal rights violating content was largely removed from the relevant article, I told Wikimedia eV that I would not take any further legal steps and that I would be forwarded to Wikipedia -Content can be switched again at http://de.wikipedia.org. " Wikimedia e.V. can now make the contents of the non-commercial Internet encyclopedia accessible again via the URL www.wikipedia.de. Heilmann says he regrets that due to the injunction he requested from the Lübeck Regional Court, German Wikipedia users no longer had direct access to the Wikipedia content in the past 24 hours.
He was not concerned with censoring the content but with a "true presentation of facts", explained Heilmann. The legal way turned out to be problematic because the structure of Wikipedia affected the other users. Heilmann now wants to look for other ways together with Wikimedia e.V. to further develop the "open and free character of Wikipedia in such a way that personal rights are preserved".
Articles about Heilmann were still available
As reported, with this step Heilmann wanted to defend himself against what he believed to be false claims in a Wikipedia entry about himself. Among other things, it was also about passages that concerned his previous Stasi work. With the injunction, Heilmann had achieved that the address www.wikipedia.de no longer forwarded to the contents of the online lexicon. Despite the access block, the article was still available at the URL http://de.wikipedia.org, and Heilmann's move also drew the attention of the Internet community to it.
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. had announced that it would object to the decision of the Lübeck Regional Court. "Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. is not the provider of the Wikipedia made accessible at de.wikipedia.org and also has no influence on the content available in the online encyclopedia," the association says. "The Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. is rather a non-profit association for the promotion of free knowledge, which only provides information about the use of Wikipedia. The operator of the encyclopedia is the Wikimedia Foundation named in the provider identification of the encyclopedia." Internet users who call up the address www.wikipedia.de still see this justification at the moment.
- What are scholars
- Are Bernie Sanders' policies financially irresponsible
- What is the bioavailability of nutrients
- How many countries have weed legalized?
- Who discovered biochemistry
- How can I submit research papers
- Being a graduate engineer is a BPO job
- Can someone become addicted to milk
- What is half of pi
- How can I play an online game?
- What is an isoelectronic species
- Which graphs are not planar on the toroid
- How well can you pose as a woman
- Has anyone ever stolen the White House?
- Atheism is growing in Tunisia
- What makes a professional poker player?
- I can't play this game
- Tim Burton has children
- What are good jobs for artists
- What is variable pay in Capgemini
- Why are older people sometimes called buzzards
- Work square readers with chip cards
- How will AI improve FinTech
- Is Sri Lanka safe for Pakistani tourists