Why do people sunbathe their anus
After-sun products - useful or just expensive?
Summer, sun, sunshine: With the warm temperatures you have to go outside, whether in the garden, to the nearest lake or to the beach. It goes without saying that the right sun protection should not be missing. But what about care after sunbathing? After-sun products should provide an extra portion of care. Are they really necessary - or are manufacturers primarily interested in making a profit for superfluous products?
Markt examines five products in a random sample:
- The own brand Sunozon après lotion from the Rossmann drugstore. 100 milliliters are already available for 48 cents.
- Just as expensive: the Sundance product from dm.
- Garnier's Ambre Solaire lotion is almost three times as expensive. Cost: 1.25 euros per 100 milliliters.
- After-sun care from Nivea for 1.58 euros per 100 milliliters.
- Vichy Ideal Soleil from the pharmacy. At 6.83 euros per 100 milliliters, it is the most expensive product in our sample.
Is more expensive also better?
Special skin measurements at the University of Hamburg showed only minimal differences in the effectiveness of the after-sun products examined. All of them were able to significantly reduce water loss from the skin. A conventional body lotion, which we also put into the race, couldn't keep up here.
After-sun lotions with a high water content
The advantage of special after-sun care is the usually high water content of the creams, as Martina Kerscher, dermatologist and cosmetic scientist at the University of Hamburg, explains. Since they are thin, they are easier to apply than normal body lotions. They also have a cooling effect, which sun-irritated skin usually tolerates better. Many of the products also contain ingredients such as aloe vera extracts or B vitamins such as panthenol, which help a slight sunburn subside more quickly.
Be careful with fatty products
The expert advises against greasy body lotions for sun-irritated skin. The reason: If the care that is used after sunbathing at high temperatures and high humidity is too rich, i.e. too oily or fatty, an occlusion effect can occur on the surface of the skin. This means that the skin is literally sealed by this product and the moisture exchange of the skin is hindered. This can cause irritation or small pustules.
Questionable ingredients in after-sun products
Skin exposed to the sun needs pollution-free care. Consumers should generally keep their hands off products with fragrances such as musk compounds or preservatives such as triclosan. Triclosan is suspected of making bacteria resistant to antibiotics. Musk compounds, on the other hand, have hormone-like effects and are classified as environmentally hazardous. After-sun products should also not contain perfumes, as they can cause allergic reactions in the skin.
Simply make after-sun products yourself
If you want to avoid harmful ingredients, you can easily make after-sun products yourself. Quark or yoghurt from the refrigerator can be applied as a mask to the affected areas, which effectively relieves pain. In order not to further irritate the skin, the mask should be removed before it dries.
The aloe vera plant is also considered a secret weapon against reddening of the skin, as it is particularly moisturizing. Who has such a plant at home, can apply the gel-like liquid from inside the plant to the affected area of the skin. Alternatively, you can also use an aloe vera gel from the pharmacy or drugstore.
Cool skin after sunbathing
The most important thing is to keep your skin hydrated and cool after sunbathing. After-sun creams can help - whether expensive or cheap, it doesn't matter. So that the skin is not too irritated by the sun, the top rule is to only sunbathe in moderation.
How to protect yourself from skin cancer
Sunlight is good for us, but it is also harmful and can cause skin cancer. How do you effectively protect yourself from it? Tips from dermatologist Melanie Hartmann. more
This topic in the program:
Market | 08/06/2018 | 8:15 pm
- What is encryption for Android
- Is the Benelli TNT 25 worth it
- Are cockatoos protected in Australia
- Why am I inspired by children
- How do I burn calories fast
- After the medical what do I do
- What is eustachitis
- What is the most common number
- When will W2 forms be published online?
- How do I play Minecraft offline
- Are Bengalis Interesting How
- Is defined as a zero square
- Are there still dogs in the wild
- Who was America's first superhero
- What are some recommended laptop shoulder bags
- What is your value system
- Where can I buy pure oxygen
- How do you reinstall Google Play Services?
- What types of podcasts are there
- What is the use of COM
- Is DY Patil Pimpri autonomous
- What are PTSD stressors
- How do you get malpractice insurance
- How can people make friends with Aspergians