What brings journalism and law together
Understanding creates transparency. Transparency creates trust.
In 2018 we joined forces to improve collaboration between journalists and lawyers. We, that was a little more than a handful of journalists and lawyers, who had noticed for a long time, partly in direct cooperation, that communication between lawyers and journalists is often difficult. Journalists do not understand the language of lawyers correctly and after discussions with journalists lawyers wonder about the interpretation of their statements. This is not infrequently due to the fact that lawyers often depend on details, while journalists usually have to summarize and simplify content in order to present it to a broader public. Unfortunately, this sometimes leads to inaccuracies or even errors in reporting that lawyers find difficult to understand. In the worst case scenario, lawyers no longer want to talk to journalists about their work. We think: It doesn't have to be.
That is why we have come together as Journalismus und Recht e.V. to improve understanding between lawyers and journalists by informing one professional group about the working methods and interests of the other. For this purpose, we regularly give lectures to lawyers, in particular judges, public prosecutors, lawyers and legal scholars, as well as to journalists on topics in the field of law and journalism. We also organize roundtable discussions between the two professional groups on current topics. Finally, we provide information on topics and developments in the fields of journalism and law, including on our website.
- A transfer can be canceled
- Which wax tools do you highly recommend
- How much investment in the solar business
- Who should take online career advice
- Should I use Penske or Uhaul
- Can anyone recommend books on philosophy
- How do tsunamis affect ships at sea?
- Why is there BusyBox
- Why are L0 optimizations difficult to solve
- What is mutated
- Who sings the song Simple and Clean
- What is a smart highway
- Is it ethical to breed eggs?
- Is Experian better than LifeLock
- Which films stink of hypocrisy
- Which is the best inverter
- How many referees take care of football games
- What is the ninth planet
- What are they not telling you about astrology
- Why does Canada use Celsius
- How do you build trust in sales
- How often do prison riots occur?
- Why does a clock have two hands?
- Is a corruption-free world sustainable