Which superhero is unnecessarily sexualized the most?
Why should female superheroes wear tight, revealing costumes?
I've seen a lot of female superheroes wearing full-coverage costumes. However, almost all of them seem to have been in films and television shows for children, not teenagers.
I just looked at pictures of kids' swimsuits and it looks like most of them were designed by sunscreen manufacturers to increase sales. One-piece swimsuits for little girls cover at least as much as most boys' swim trunks, but two-piece swimsuits for little girls typically cover much less skin than swim trunks for boys.
Looking at photos of female gymnasts, it looks like most of them are wearing the equivalent of one-piece swimsuits, while male gymnasts often wear shirts and shorts or long pants and, on average, wear more clothes than women.
I'm starting to see a real trend that may carry over to fictional superheroes.
One possible theory is that female superheroes are just as eager to have friends and want to marry as non-superwomen. But because of all the time they spend fighting super villains, they don't get to know as many men as they'd like. Plus, they probably just want to meet male superheroes, date them, and eventually marry her. I believe the majority of women are attracted to men who are stronger than them. And if a woman is a superhero, the only men more powerful than her are likely to be male superheroes.
Hence, most of the female superheroes probably want to make a good impression on male superheroes. When a female superhero first used a sexy and insightful super costume to impress male superheroes, she started a costume arms race with all of the competing female superheroes to make the best impression on male superheroes.
Such a costume arms race may not benefit anyone in the superhero world, but many male comic book readers likely believe it will benefit them.
At least this is one possible theory about the reasons in the universe for the typical female superhero costumes in comics.
- Are Adderall and Methamphetamine the same thing?
- Are you a Somalilander
- Produces loneliness negativity
- Why can't you grow muscles in calisthenics
- How did prehistoric people get enough salt
- Americans are allowed to enter Cuba
- How to distinguish ruby and garnet
- How can you postpone a SAT test
- How did you learn to be patient
- What are intelligent technologies in mechanical engineering
- Cyprus has its own language
- What makes INTP women so special
- Should doctors and nurses be given equal respect
- How far advanced were the people in 4000 BC?
- Are relationships really important to some people?
- How to treat a groin injury at home
- What pilgrimages lead through Scotland
- What is styrofoam
- Hillary Clinton is a racist at heart
- How do I attract pigeons
- What is the fastest manned vehicle
- What did you learn last week
- What's the coolest music video ever
- Does a financial close offer high pay
- What are the problems with IOT sensors
- How is service tax calculated in India
- What does the President of India eat
- What is a good way to deal with the exam
- Is there a symbiotic drug problem
- How do you secure admission to MIT
- Are people sources of heat
- Jesus was a fraud