Are warm foods better than cold ones
A warm meal every day?
We know what it's like to always be on the go. You get a quick snack for breakfast, a salad for lunch and eat the leftovers in the evening. Sometimes we have so much on our minds with work, studies, household chores and the kids that a week can easily go by without even having eaten a warm meal. Does that sound familiar to you? Cold meals are usually time-saving, but warm ones have various benefits and your body loves them. Nutrition expert David Wiener explains why.
1. Warm food is easier to digest
Our digestive system is very sensitive to solid and liquid food - and especially to its temperature. Cold foods, and especially drinks, can be a shock to the body. Our digestive systems have a lot to do with breaking them down and absorbing the nutrients they contain. Since cold foods are harder to digest for the body, you can develop a bloated stomach and even indigestion during the day.
We usually eat warm meals more slowly, which makes them easier to digest: our bodies have more time and therefore less difficulty digesting the food and absorbing the nutrients.
Heating food (frying, steaming, etc.) also helps break down the nutrients into their building blocks so that the body can absorb them better, which also increases their nutritional value.
2. Warm food tastes better
Studies show that the taste perception of food or drinks is better when they are warm. It is believed that the taste receptor TRPM5, which is responsible for the perception of sweet and bitter tastes, sends a stronger signal to the brain when food is warm. However, this cannot be generalized. Not every warm meal automatically tastes better and this area has not yet been adequately researched.
3. Warm meals can be better tolerated by allergy sufferers
Food allergies have become a widespread disease worldwide. Milk and chicken egg allergies are the most common. Interestingly, the majority of those affected (over 70%) can tolerate milk and eggs in a boiled state, as heating changes the structure of the proteins that can trigger allergic reactions. Research still needs to be done in this area. If you are allergic to milk or chicken eggs, talk to your doctor or a specialist first.
Various studies show that having a warm meal at least once a day has advantages. At the same time, there can be benefits in eating certain foods, such as fruits and vegetables, raw. Heating can cause important nutrients to be lost. H. You often have more of fruits and vegetables if you eat them raw. For example, if you eat broccoli raw, your body can absorb more myrosinase, an enzyme that can fight the growth of cancer cells and Helicobacter pylori, a bacterium that can cause stomach ulcers, among other things. Other examples include cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, red peppers, garlic, and onions.
As you can see, generalizations are critical here. The perfect nutrition plan certainly includes a combination of cold and warm meals. The season also influences how often we eat warm - in summer we tend not to feel like having a warm dinner, while a warm soup is a real treat in winter. In the Freeletics Nutrition App you will find a large selection of recipes for both hot and cold dishes.
- Where are the gulags of Russia
- Europeans consider Asian Americans to be Americans
- Why is my skin flaking off on minoxidil
- How do I understand certain integral problems
- Which engineering school is best for 2019
- Who writes GMAT
- Why are ROM-BIOS chips so expensive
- What are the four types of puffins
- Who are the best interpreters
- Is it safe to work in Veitnam?
- What is meant by cement concrete
- Fiverr still has buyer inquiries
- What is defense to prevent
- How do I integrate x lnx
- What is a social security tool
- Why am I inspired by children
- Why can't some people apologize?
- Should Trump investigate his own administration
- How is SRM Andhra
- Is Joe Montana from Montana
- What is DSA encryption
- What are some good icebreaker games
- What's your favorite Pixar sequel
- What is the Air Force JAG program
- Belgian men are women good looking
- Which IAS academy is good in Salem
- Why is Norway's population so small
- Abby Martin is a good journalist
- Why don't tourists visit Rajasthan
- How do Java decompilers work
- What gender do mosquitoes bite people
- Why are ROM-BIOS chips so expensive
- Where can I learn NLTK with Python