What makes a fabric soft
What kind of fabric is jersey?
The name Jersey probably comes from the Channel Island of the same name; Jersey fabric is a popular material for clothing fabrics and bedding. Jersey is a soft, stretchy fabric made of viscose, cotton, wool blended yarns or silk.
Cotton jersey fabrics in particular are a real classic. A fitted sheet made of jersey is often mixed with elastane or viscose, this mixture is usually called stretch jersey. Jersey fabric is without elastane or viscose stretchable but not elastic.
- Stretchy means that fabrics can be stretched in width or length, one also speaks of stretch fabric.
- Elastic means that substances are able to return to their original form. Of course, an elastic fabric is a prerequisite for a high-quality fitted sheet.
The clothing industry uses it Jersey fabrics For years, Jersey styles have been very popular as fashion fabrics. Because of the versatile and easy-care properties Jersey fabrics offer many different options for processing and are also used as fabrics for children. In addition to clothing for children, T-shirts, sportswear and underwear for adults are made from jersey. Cotton jersey fabrics are also suitable as Decorative fabrics.
Duvet covers made of cotton jersey are often colorful and cheerful, have stripes, are patterned with flowers or decorated with a digital print. Children especially enjoy jersey children's bed linen that colorful and colorful patterned is offered. Animals are also printed as a motif on children's bed linen. Of course, there are also items in uni, i.e. designed in just one color. The simple plain-colored designs Certainly never go out of style, because jersey fabrics also make plain-colored designs shine.
How do you recognize jersey fabric?
The typical jersey rib pattern is created by the way it is woven. Jersey has many positive properties that make the material very popular. The different jersey fabric properties are:
- Jersey fabrics are soft and feel smooth on the skin.
- Besides, they are stretchy, absorbent and breathable thanks to a fine mesh structure. That's why jersey fabrics are suitable for body-hugging textiles, such as shirts, dresses, pants and skirts. Clothing for children and light jackets are also made from jersey.
- Furthermore, it is characterized by its high elasticity and allows, besides optimal fit, ideal wearing comfort.
- Plus there is Jersey climate regulating, as opposed to fleece or felt. Cotton jersey can also be dyed very easily at home. Fabrics made from mixed fibers with a synthetic component take on color much more poorly than cotton.
Who himself with Sew jersey needs the right haberdashery and accessories in addition to a pattern and fabrics by the meter. Haberdashery are cuffs, ribbons, lace, buttons, scissors and other sewing accessories; patterns are available on the Internet, for example. With accessories like borders and appliqués, plain-colored jersey fabric can be imaginatively decorated. A special needle must also be used when sewing the fabrics. With a matching sewing pattern and appropriate haberdashery, jersey can also be sewn at home. Leftovers can be used as lining or for Patchwork work be recycled.
How can you wash jersey?
Jersey fabrics are non-iron, easy-care and thanks to the high absorbency, whether as a shirt or duvet cover, it is wonderfully suitable for summer. In the hot summer months, especially in the months of June to August, you can light covers made of cotton jersey. Although jersey fabrics have properties that seem particularly suitable for summer, cuddly soft soft jersey is also suitable for colder days. So Jersey is the one ideal bed linen for the whole year.
To get the necessary hygiene To ensure that the covers made of jersey fabric should be cleaned regularly. Cotton jersey fabrics can be put in the washing machine can be washed up to 60 ° C, just like other cotton fabrics. Jersey fabric is also suitable for the electric dryer. But since there are many different types of jersey fabrics, it is always worth paying attention to the care and washing instructions. In the Wohnen.de shop you will find detailed information on the item in the product information. Most of the covers are zipped by the way easily removable.
How are jersey fabrics made?
There are different types the jersey fabrics, which differ in the way they are made and how they look.
- Single jersey looks like a knitted piece, because the front side has right stitches and the back side has purl stitches. This Knitting process makes the fabric stretchy and it is soft, thin and delicate.
- Double jersey has either only right stitches or only purl stitches, which is compared to the single jersey more robust makes.
- Interlock jersey is knitted on two rows of needles that face each other and work alternately. Thanks to the right-right weaving technique, the fabric is soft and extremely comfortable to wear. It is offset by half a mesh height and forms one closed surface. The top and bottom are knitted on the right and always the same. The double layer makes it opaque and warm. Interlock jersey is also stretchable, but it is not an elastic material. Because it has twice the number of fibers, interlock jersey is also a lot more durable and shows no loss of volume. Even after being washed several times, the fibers do not warp, so you can enjoy the product made of interlock jersey for a long time. The interlock jersey fitted sheet is also particularly popular.
- Jacquard jersey is also knitted with two rows of needles. A variation of knitting and tuck handles provides structural patterns and the silky, shiny surface of the fabrics.
- Especially noble affect bed linen Mako cotton jersey.
- Foil jersey on the other hand, because of its strong shine, it is mainly used in costumes for carnival, so these jersey fabrics are more suitable as decorative fabrics.
- What causes cobalamin deficiency
- Why should i visit Indore
- What does Diom mean in Turkish
- The internet is ruled by the meritocracy
- Did people ever think of you as crazy?
- How can i download vrak tv videos
- Ultra-rich people use ATMs
- Should Democrats get on Fox News
- For which careers are differential equations useful?
- What are the famous Sichuan chicken dishes
- Music can cause mania
- The Redbox device cleans the DVDs
- What oil is good for Indians
- Which programming trend has to die now
- What is the HS code
- What is molecular science
- What is a geocache
- What is Tramadol 1
- What is reverse gravity
- Why are proteins three-dimensional
- Is education for employment purposes only
- Graduate school loans can be deferred
- What is the importance of human relationships
- Where in Kenya was Barack Obama from?