Can you teach some guitar basics?
Guitar lessons and benefits of playing the guitar
In addition to its variety of different types and styles of construction, the guitar and guitar lessons for children and adultsnumerous advantages:
- First of all, the instrument is relatively easy to understand.
- The first steps are taken surprisingly quickly and you can reach a decent level quite quickly.
- The semitone intervals are clearly and understandably marked by the individual frets.
- The strings can be individually and quickly retuned thanks to the easy operation of the vocal wings and a capo.
- The guitar is a portable instrument that can be played anywhere and with anyone.
- Many songs can simply be played back by ear.
- There are a huge number of tabs and sheet music on the internet and in music stores.
- The guitar is one of the most popular instruments of the younger generation, but it is also very popular with older people.
- It is also an instrument that can be learned through different approaches.
Find a guitar teacher or guitar school
Find one Guitar teacher or one Guitar school?
View all guitar teachers and music schools
About the classic among string instruments
The guitar classic belongs to the family of Box neck lutes and is both a stringed and a plucked instrument. Learn more about
- The structure and the sound generation
- Guitar types
- The history of the guitar
- The use of the guitar in the past
- Notes and tablatures
- Classical guitar, western guitar or electric guitar
Learn more about the guitar
Professional tips from the guitarist
We asked a guitarist and guitar teacher what was special and what Nice on the guitar is how to become a guitar teacher, and whether or not Online lessons worth it.
Interview with the guitar teacher and musician Jürgen Schildmann
Please introduce yourself briefly
"My name is Jürgen Schildmann and I am a musician and music teacher. I had my first guitar lessons when I was 9 years old. I then studied music education and gained my first stage experience in bands and solo performances at the age of 15. Over time I have various instruments learned and also taught (guitar, saxophone, keyboards, ukulele) and meanwhile focus on the guitar again. Occasionally I give ukulele workshops. "
What made you decide to turn your instrument into a profession?
"Once I was able to play a little guitar and then also listened to Johnny Cash and Muddy Waters, I didn't want to do anything else. Originally I wanted to be a music teacher at a school, but luckily after my studies I changed my mind and lived since then only from music. "
What is the beauty of teaching / "professional" gaming?
"My main interest is still playing. I live with music, what could be nicer? My guitar brought me to the USA, but it also opened doors for me to people and places that I would otherwise never have known Through teaching I can pass on my love for instruments and music to the next generations. "
What is the best thing about your instrument?
"The guitar is the most versatile instrument that I know. From classical to stoner rock, everything is possible. In between blues, jazz, country, folk, flamenco ... There are still tones to be discovered on this instrument that I too If you approach the guitar lessons in an undogmatic way, you realize that there are as many possibilities and playing techniques as there are players. What is important in our time: the guitar is honest. It always comes out what you are with the fingers and sometimes the whole body! But there are so many different ways of playing that everyone can find their own personal expression. "
Is it easy to learn your instrument?
"In the beginning it is not so difficult to get something that sounds like music (laughs). After that, as with all other instruments, everything is open at the top. Some techniques and styles are easier to learn than others. Anyway, I learn on top of that. "
Do you have to have special skills for this instrument as a student?
"I wouldn't say that besides musicality you need special skills to learn to play the guitar. However, in my experience, some people are more suited to stringed instruments, others to wind instruments and so on. I don't know why that is so, but I suspect that different thinking is required. Try it out! "
What do you think is the advantage of in-person music lessons over online music lessons?
"I once met a young man who was able to re-enact solos by Eric Johnson. In the original tempo! When he got out of the piece, he had to start over, because he could only do the movements that he was doing YouTube had seen replay, but nowhere knew what he was doing. He didn't know any chord fingering by name, couldn't play a simple rhythm with a drummer, let alone improvise. This is an extreme case, of course, but it is what comes out of it when there is no teacher who can provide the student with a foundation that is specially tailored to them. YoutubeVideos can be helpful when you've reached a certain level, but they never replace a teacher as each student has their own learning pace and difficulties. In addition, anyone can post their instructional video online and these are often incorrect. However, a student cannot evaluate this himself and then practices strange mistakes. In addition, with videos, the order in which you learn is arbitrary and that leads to chaotic half-knowledge. Paradoxically, however, people take everything that is on the Internet much more seriously than real life, so that I often get into discussions with students who have tried before YouTube to learn. This hinders the progress of the student much more than it benefits him. I'm too old for lessons on Skype or something. "
How diverse is the range of courses for this instrument?
What options are there to play the instrument? (Solo, band, ensemble)
"Everything is possible, from classical ensembles and solo to big bands and rock bands."
What music genres are there for this instrument?
"You'd better ask in which genres it does NOT appear."
What is the offer for a sheet music repertoire?
"The repertoire is huge. Again, watch out for unprofessional tabs from the Internet! It's better to buy the originals."
What motivational tips do you have if you don't feel like practicing?
"Personally, when I don't feel like practicing the usual repertoire, I like to try something new. It can also be original."
How do you deal with "special students" (such as unmotivated students in class)?
"Similar to myself. For example, I put an electric guitar in their hand and then let them play the piece on it. Distorted. It helps with most of them. When a student notices that he is listening to these sounds, which are completely new to him himself, it becomes interesting again for him. Or I abruptly change the subject according to the motto 'Today we'll learn a new chord.' Then it is of course important to know what the student's musical preferences are and then to incorporate this music as often as possible. If someone is not in the mood, he should perhaps try to learn another instrument. "
Image source: Bojan Milinkov / Shutterstock
- How can I anchor text in HTML
- Why are combustion reactions exothermic?
- What is the perfect business model
- Should we be afraid of change
- What could replace the answers we are looking for?
- Should they ban ouija boards
- Where do male submissive feelings come from
- What is method overload and override
- Can someone apply to Google
- Terminator Genesis was a passable movie
- Where can I find the best phone skins
- Are atheists generally less happy than believers
- What is sulfa penicillin used for?
- Which scientific models of autism have been overturned?
- What ideas were promoted during the Enlightenment?
- What is it epay com
- How did Billie Eilish get her name
- Why use kerosene and not olive oil
- What is KT Extinction
- Why is polygamy not banned in India?
- Are Peavey guitars copies of Gibson guitars
- Which is Bangalore's most famous candy
- What changes when you reach adulthood
- Will you ever leave Philadelphia
- Is God bound by morality
- Is Lebron James beyond his heyday
- You can fish in windy weather
- How are Burberry products designed and manufactured
- What was your CA CPT success story
- How do planes descend
- What is the best treatment for phobias
- What is good and closely observed knowledge
- Help with the history essay on imperialism