Did the money precede the barter
Source of text: Barter instead of paying - the idea of barter rings
Andreas Knorr puts the bags on the kitchen table. "So here are the purchases," he says. "Finally the cats have enough to eat again," says Helga Korder, relieved. The pensioner slipped on the black ice two weeks ago and broke her arm. As a result, she is restricted in her ability to act and dependent on help.
Since services such as shopping or household help are expensive, she resorted to the offers of the Stuttgart exchange forum, one of several exchange groups in Stuttgart. The basic idea of a swap ring is to offer services depending on your skills. In return, you do not receive euro money, but so-called talents, a virtual currency that is credited to a specially set up account. Goods can also be exchanged without cash.
Exchange rings are now internationally popular, there are more than 300 in Germany alone. At the Stuttgart Exchange Forum, you earn 20 "talents" per hour. All services are rated equally. "It doesn't matter whether someone has studied or not, time is charged the same for everyone," says Gabriele Sonns, member of the organization team.
Helga Korder joined the company two years ago because she wanted to do something for others, such as car driving. "It's a shame when the car just stands around," she says. Otherwise, the former teacher offers to bake cakes or make arrangements. (...) The participants agree how much a service is charged. If they don't come to an agreement, the arbitration board intervenes, but it is rarely used.
Source: Stuttgarter Nachrichten of January 22, 2007
- What is a ranking algorithm used for?
- What is Y-Link
- Are men interested in cellulite
- Where is our imagination
- Why isn't every hand soap antibacterial?
- Why is horizontal agriculture obsolete?
- What are sine waves
- What is percolation in hydrology
- Will you ever leave Philadelphia
- How Do I Overcome Cleansing Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders
- How to wire a trailer
- What makes it difficult to solve global problems
- FDR was the most powerful American president
- What is better story or geography
- Why does Windows 10 install bloatware
- What makes an acoustic guitar loud
- Have you ever read someone's secret diary?
- How do I buy Modere products
- Why does linear algebra make sense
- What is a pointer in C 1
- How many horses are there in Texas?
- Furniture can catch fire with linseed oil
- Have you ever coded a CMS
- What are some examples of artificial language