What is Queen Elizabeth's job
Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth II & dash; Characteristics
Queen Elizabeth II & dash; Wiki: age, height and more
Queen Elizabeth II has been on the throne of the British monarchy since February 6, 1952. She has had an eventful life - both before her coronation in 1953 and afterwards.
Elizabeth Alexandra Mary was born in London, Mayfair, in 1926. Her father is Prince Albert, Duke of York, who later became King George VI. ascends the throne. Her mother is the former Duchess of York, Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon, who is later called "Queen Mum".
At birth, Elizabeth was third in line to the British throne, behind her uncle Edward VIII and her father. However, her father became king in 1936 after his older brother abdicated. As the prospective heir to the throne, Elizabeth II was the first female member of the royal family to do military service in World War II.
She joined the Auxiliary Territorial Service (ATS), the women's division of the British Army. There she received an apprenticeship as a car mechanic and truck driver. She made her first public appearance at the age of 16. At 21, in a radio address to the Commonwealth of Nations, she promised that she would devote her entire life to serving her subjects.
In 1951, her father's health deteriorated. Elizabeth increasingly jumped for George VI on public occasions. a. On February 6, 1952, the King of the United Kingdom died and Queen Elizabeth II took over the reign. The official coronation ceremony took place on June 2, 1953 at Westminster Abbey in London.
In June 2012 the Queen celebrated her 60th anniversary to the throne. Her sapphire anniversary - on the 65th anniversary in 2017 - however, let her take it easy. She spent the day at her country estate in Sandringham, East England. It is still very popular with the people.
In addition to her iron will to work in the service of the monarchy, the Queen has found happiness in private. She married Prince Philip of Greece and Denmark on November 20, 1947, her third cousin, both of whom have the same great-great-grandmother: Queen Victoria. Prince Philip has had the title "Philip, Duke of Edinburgh" since the wedding. The couple have four children: Heir to the throne Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex.
Queen Elizabeth II managed to calmly lead the dusty monarchy into the modern age, but her popularity was put to the test in the early 1990s.
The separation of Lady Diana Spencer and Prince Charles overshadowed the British royal family. The Queen came under fire when Diana, who is very popular with the people, had a fatal accident, but Queen Elizabeth II initially withdrew, the flags at Buckingham Palace did not fly at half mast and she did not take a public position on the events for a long time.
It wasn't until a televised address on the day of Diana's funeral that smoothed the waves. The Queen expressed her admiration for the deceased and her "grandmotherly feelings" for the grandchildren Prince William and Prince Harry. The close relationship with the two seems to exist to this day.
Today, William and Harry, together with their wives Duchess Kate and Duchess Meghan, take on more and more tasks for the British monarch. Her husband Prince Philip, in turn, resigned his royal duties in August 2017. He only accompanies the Queen to selected events.
Queen Elizabeth II is the longest serving monarch in the world.
Queen Elizabeth II & dash; all news
- How is Limbo different from heaven
- Look for people's acceptance
- Why did GM buy cruise automation
- Why are mini liquor bottles so expensive
- Which computers are used for scientific research?
- What is the main goal of Icetratt
- Medication works for rheumatoid arthritis
- What are all living things made of?
- Offers groceries to Qatar Airways
- To what extent does the police prevent crime
- Is Cardi B a good role model
- A free market economy is a myth
- Real estate is a good career choice
- Should I invest in Monaco Muenze
- Why don't tourists visit Rajasthan
- How many people can't stand rap music
- What is the story of the film Tamasha
- What makes the cement industry very harmful to the environment
- What is the largest living bird in the world
- Why is there cattle breeding?
- What does queue mean
- What are the best languages for artificial intelligence
- What is Hartoel
- Is socialism good in Belgium?
- How does DNA shape our body
- When is the NFL Pro Bowl draft
- What makes a successful venture capitalist
- What are some theater groups
- Agile is the new waterfall
- What are the adaptations of xerophytes
- Is Norway's child protection system broken
- In which position do you fall asleep
- How does deforestation affect methane levels?
- What is an algebraic fraction