Are SS and AISI steels the same
AISI 316 | AISI 316L
AISI 316 | AISI 316L
AISI 316 and AISI 316L are the international names for the following material grades:
1.4401 - X5CrNiMo17-12-2 (AISI 316)
1.4404 - X2CrNiMo17-12-2 (AISI 316L)
1.4435 - X2CrNiMo18-14-3 (AISI 316L)
AISI 316 and AISI 316L describes stainless, austenitic chromium-nickel-molybdenum steels that have good resistance in non-oxidizing acids and media containing chlorine. Because of their chemical composition, material 316 and material 316L are inherently corrosion-resistant metal alloys.
AISI 316L differs from AISI 316 in that it has a lower carbon content. In this case, the “L” stands for “low carbon”.
The materials 1.4401 and 1.4404, which belong to the V4A group, are easy to machine and weld. With the addition of 2-2.5% molybdenum, both grades show good corrosion resistance even in the presence of chlorides. The main areas of application of these AISI standards can be found in the construction, chemical and pharmaceutical industries. Use in the low temperature range is possible, as is application up to 550 ° C.
The material quality 1.4435, also called stainless steel 316L, is described as an amagnetic quality. The delta ferrite content is shown to be a maximum of 0.5%. It can be used in accordance with the Pressure Equipment Directive 97/23 EG. The areas of application for this material include: in the petroleum / petrochemical or optical industries.
Online shop for steel scrap pieces up to 20 kg
In our steel trade online shop you will find sawn offcuts up to 20 kg around the clock.
Remnants of steel from 20 kg
Find remnants and special items over 20 kg directly in our warehouse.
- Drinking alcohol affects men’s fertility
- What are some examples of intraspecific interactions
- Should I choose coding as a career
- How much do you love to read
- How do I build my own cloud
- What are good courses for learning HTML
- What is the challenge of liberal education
- What's your rating of Mexico City
- Is Lebron James beyond his heyday
- Does the time depend on the speed
- What does Bucharest mean
- How can I check my brain efficiency
- How do I read a newspaper every day
- Medication works for rheumatoid arthritis
- Why does boxing result in a knockout
- Why didn't luxury brands choose digital marketing?
- What is the Chinese word for Hikikomori
- Where can I legally hunt in Winnipeg
- How good is the metallurgy in NIT Jamshedpur
- What is a secondary memory cache
- Is Destiny 2 permanently free
- Is building a PC dangerous?
- How perfect is a mind at rest
- What are some advantages of a drought