Why use OpenCV
OpenCV: An open source library for professional image processing
OpenCV ("Computer Vision") is a collection of algorithms and data structures for image processing, recognition and interpretation, to which the international academic and industrial image processing community is constantly adding new parts.
Many of the procedures included are state-of-the-art, others are obscure, and unfortunately most of them are only documented in an extremely spartan manner.
The "OpenCV" library for Processing
Greg Borenstein offers a wrapper ("packaging") for the "real" OpenCV library for processing under the same name as the original. This offers particularly easy installation and directly executable example programs.
In addition, the library offers an "opencv" class (the confusion never stops), in which the author bundles everything he thinks is useful into a large lump that is supposed to be easier to use than the chic, freely combinable modules of the original (the object-oriented programmer's stomach turns here ...). The original modules can still be used.
To install you just have to go to Processing in the menu Import Sketch / Library / Add Library select and the library "OpenCV" search.
If you want to use data from a camera, you also have to install the "Video" library. (works the same way).
Documentation and sources of information
Useful example: "LiveCamTest"
Next, maybe take a look at the example “ContributedLibraries / OpenCV / LiveCamTest” - there the built-in camera of your laptop is used to recognize and mark faces.
If you have nothing else in mind, you can usually use the code from the examples almost exactly.
Useful tutorials, unfortunately only for C ++
An overview of all functions implemented in the processing wrapper: JavaDoc
Indispensable for a deeper understanding: A look at the source code
- Why didn't Walt kill Jesse
- What's the best marijuana stock chart
- Is pocky tree nut free
- Can Kpop trainees learn during their training?
- What is space isomerism
- Where do male submissive feelings come from
- Will Endura Mass help me gain weight
- How can I control myself with money
- Works BHEL Haridwar on Saturdays
- What's wrong with an Indian farmer
- Will cigarettes ever be banned completely?
- What are the subgenres of science fiction
- Self-validation is never enough
- Will mowing wet grass kill it
- What is the best travel route for Spain
- How do you negotiate with a builder
- What is the next number after 9999
- Am I depressed or just apathetic?
- Have you ever panicked at your job
- Why do some French look Asian
- What makes an acoustic guitar loud
- What are the veins for?
- Uhh is an English word
- What's banned in Texas
- What is your opinion on the public service
- Will nickel ever be withdrawn from circulation?
- How was your preparation for the CAT
- How complex is the human body
- How much is a Drifter guitar worth
- What are examples of voluntary taxes
- How is the Bitcoin inflation rate calculated
- From a philosophical point of view, God is necessary
- Should remove likes from all social media platforms