Who won the third debate
After the first TV duel : Trump is the winner
The night was a disaster for Joe Biden. Millions of television viewers have seen an old man who needs time to focus and form the words to attack his rival.
In terms of age, there is three and a half years between Donald Trump (74) and Joe Biden (77). On the Ohio TV stage, it seemed like they came from different generations. Biden's skin looked waxen in the headlights and his movements stiff. Trump acted vigorously and aggressively.
[Many colleagues followed the first TV duel between Joe Biden and Donald Trump with excitement. The question "Who won?" they answer very differently. Read a comment by Malte Lehming here, who clearly sees Joe Biden as the winner of the evening.]
Nevertheless, many observers analyze that Biden is the winner of the debate. Your reasons for this judgment are understandable. Biden had the facts on his side and the better arguments on many issues. He dealt verbally when Trump insulted him without engaging in a screaming duel. “He stands his ground,” many say appreciatively - he has not revealed any terrain. To that extent, he met expectations.
Biden wins in terms of style, Trump in terms of assertiveness
Biden also appeared more polite and presidential. He interrupted Trump much less often than the other way around Trump interrupted him. In terms of style and arguments, the grandfather's gentleman may have won against the bully.
Only: are these the decisive disciplines?
The US voters have a choice: between a rude and often outrageous president who also lies, but seems to be in the juice and exudes energy. As well as a polite man who inspires more trust in his habitus, who usually lets his opponent finish speaking, but looks old and a bit tired.
Biden torments himself, Trump enjoys the argument
Appearance and body language have two sides with opposing messages - and it is in the eye of the viewer how they rate them. Trump frequently interrupted Biden. Some judge this to be unfair, others see it as a sign of assertiveness and dominance.
[With the “Twenty / Twenty” newsletter, our US experts accompany you every Thursday on your way to the presidential election. You can register for free here: tagesspiegel.de/twentytwenty.]
When Trump raised furious allegations against Biden and his family or defended himself with swindles against criticism of his fight against corona and his tax tricks, Biden responded with a pained smile and shake of his head. For some he exposed the liar. The others take the body language literally: For Biden, arguments like this are torture. Trump, on the other hand, seems to be enjoying them and charging himself with more energy than he spends on the argument.
The conflicts are increasing. Who Is Better To Defend US Interests?
This takes place in a world in which conflicts and rule breaks are increasing internationally. Who do voters trust more likely to defend their interests: the obliging, presidential older man or the vigorous bully?
Suddenly you can imagine how Trump still wins the election - even though he is more than six percentage points behind on average in national polls. And in the decisive “battleground states” with 3.5 percentage points. According to polls, most voters have long since decided which of the two they would vote for. And experience has shown that the TV debates rarely lead to voters switching en masse from one camp to the other.
But the images of the meeting have an impact. They motivate Trump fans even more to vote. And they can ponder citizens who wanted to vote for Biden. That doesn't have to lead to them voting for Trump. But if they don't vote because of doubts about Biden's fitness, he could end up missing those votes. Two more TV duels follow, and if Biden can't find a way to correct the impression of the first debate, Trump could triumph in the end.
- Could I repeat Patrick Bateman's morning routine
- How did animals develop an air movement?
- Which careers have more individuals
- How does diversity affect me?
- How are IQ tests culturally bound?
- Why is there no GCSE Bulgarian
- Why is gravity a hidden phenomenon?
- I'm hopeless what should i do
- Who is dr Vashisht Narayan Singh
- What is internet-enabled art
- OmiseGo OMG is undervalued
- Is India being treated with nuclear weapons
- What are good Surface Pen alternatives
- Hairstyles should not be allowed in schools
- How can you postpone a SAT test
- Why are Airpods better than other headphones
- Obama will gradually return to Hawaii
- Why Study Moorhead at Minnessota State University
- A free market economy is a myth
- Why do people lick nudes
- Why is Ethereum Classic
- Why has the EU banned GMOs
- What is some information about SPIPA
- Boomerangs come back after hitting something
- Why don't daffodils need soil
- What's the best thing about IT engineering
- Alen White is a real writer
- Can I take Ashwgandha with honey
- Why did Naruto call his son Boruto
- What size is the Vistaprint business card
- How do I get to Leh Via Jammu
- When will KFC open in Varanasi?
- Is dopamine responsible for insomnia?
- What exactly is Pangender