How do exchangeable e-mail programs work
OSRAM Continental relies on data exchange from the cloud
Darmstadt, November 2020 - OSRAM Continental is one of the first automotive suppliers in Germany to move its entire IT landscape to the cloud. The joint venture founded two years ago, which bundles the competencies of the two parent companies OSRAM and Continental in the fields of lighting technology, electronics and software, exchanges product data via PROSTEP's cloud-based data exchange service. The use of OpenDXM GlobalX as a SaaS model (Software as a Service) saves the company the costs of purchasing, implementing and maintaining hardware and software and makes it instantly replaceable.
OSRAM Continental is headquartered in Munich and is present in nine countries around the world. With 1,500 employees, the joint venture develops, manufactures and sells solutions for front and rear headlights, individually controllable interior lighting and innovative projection systems that ensure greater driving safety and comfort. Product development is spread across Europe, America and Asia. In line with the general cloud strategy, the company decided to use OpenDXM GlobalX from the cloud because the SaaS solution could be implemented globally very quickly. All locations simply access the highly secure cloud infrastructure of the DARZ data center in Darmstadt directly via the Internet.
OpenDXM GlobalX is a multi-tenant SaaS solution. However, OSRAM Continental uses it as a single-tenant application in order to be able to exchange large amounts of CAD data with automotive OEMs via the OFTP2 protocol. For this purpose, PROSTEP has integrated an external OFTP application into the data exchange service for the customer, which can only be used in connection with a private cloud or its own instance. In addition, the PLM experts have expanded the cloud application so that the customer can freely choose the size of the web space for individual users or user groups within the framework of the entire storage quota.
Around 250 internal and almost 100 external users are currently registered as exchange partners at OSRAM Continental. In addition to the engineers from research and development; Employees from other areas also send and receive sensitive data securely via the cloud platform. All essential data exchange functions are available to you in an HTML5-based web interface, which can also be operated intuitively for occasional users. Employees who like to work a lot with MS Outlook can initiate the data exchange directly from their e-mail program.
The SaaS solution can be scaled well depending on the number of users, as Catalina Man, Team Lead IT Operations at OSRAM Continental, says. Among other things, she and her team are responsible for supporting OpenDXM GlobalX users at OSRAM Continental. “Your most important advantage, however, is being able to react flexibly to new requirements. PROSTEP implements these requirements very quickly, which is a decisive factor for successful cooperation. "
- How did Shark Tank help you
- How is Northeast politically ignored
- How do I extract graphs
- Why is it fun to work on market analyzes?
- What are the present conditions of the adivasis
- How do I expand my tea business
- How does a Nark become one
- What is SharePoint training
- Is CBD Oil Good For Women's Health?
- Have you seen The Orville?
- Finance is an industry based on meritocracy
- How do you ship an engine overseas
- What is the future of Copenhagen
- Is there a permanent cure for sinusitis
- Share your travel pictures for Turkey
- Who is the megastar of Bollywood
- How can i say cool in tamil
- How can I draw a realistic picture
- What are passive ways to earn bitcoins
- How does moving a computer file work
- Why do I not like anyone
- Why is a cover required for the plate construction
- What do the Japanese eat for Christmas
- Which computers play Blu-ray discs