What is Sonny Bono famous for?
Salvatore Phillip "Sonny" Bono (Born February 16, 1935 in Detroit, Michigan, † January 5, 1998 in South Lake Tahoe, California) was an American singer, actor and politician.
Bono began his musical career in the late 1950s, when he worked as a songwriter, producer and A&R manager at Specialty Records to take care of their current star Larry Williams. At the beginning of the 1960s he then worked with producer Phil Spector. He became commercially successful with his then wife Cher in the duo Sonny and Cher. Bono wrote, arranged, and produced a number of hits, including I got you, babe and The Beat Goes On. Sonny and Cher had their own popular television show between 1971 and 1974, The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour. The two have a transsexual child, Chastity Sun Bono, who was born as a daughter. In 1974 the two separated and engaged in a public war of divorce. On June 26, 1975, the two were finally divorced.
Sonny continued his acting career. He was married twice, first to Susie Coelho and from 1986 to Mary Whitaker, with whom he had two children, Chesare Elan Bono and Chianna Marie Bono.
After difficulties with local authorities when trying to open a restaurant, Bono stepped onto the political stage. He became mayor of Palm Springs, California. During his tenure, he justified that Nortel Palm Springs International Film Festivalwhich takes place annually.
As a Republican, Bono ran unsuccessfully for the US Senate in 1992, but won a seat in the House of Representatives in 1994. A law he supported to extend copyright protection in the USA was posthumously named after him (Sonny Bono Copyright Term Extension Act).
Sonny Bono died in 1998 as a result of a skiing accident. His widow Mary took his place in Congress and has been re-elected since then; she later married Florida Congressman Connie Mack. Bono was buried in Cathedral City, where Frank Sinatra found his final resting place a little later. Cher also gave a funeral speech there. The following can be read on his tombstone: "And The Beat Goes On".
Sonny Bono is said to have been a Scientologist.
- ↑ , December 2, 2010.
- ↑ Cher: Eulogy for Sonny Bono. Retrieved February 16, 2011.
- ↑ , September 9, 2010.
- Sonny Bono im Biographical Directory of the United States Congress
- Pop singer
- Member of the United States House of Representatives for California
- Member of the Republican Party (United States)
- Mayor (California)
- American musician
- Born in 1935
- Died 1998
- Why do people on earth do it
- What specific foods speed up digestion
- How do I reduce shin pain
- What are some examples of additive inverses
- Why do you find cryptography interesting
- Scans USPS packages for medication
- What is the past tense of the forecast
- What is an uncle supposed to be
- What is metadata from big data
- Is there a value for SAP these days
- Sane people have bad habits
- Can SJWs be viewed as bigots
- What does unleavened bread mean?
- What does the OPEC logo mean
- What noise do bad shocks make?
- What are heat exchanger products
- What are cultivators
- Can Superman use the Infinity Gauntlet
- What are cryptocurrency debit cards
- Which musical instrument should non-multitaskers learn
- Why do I suck on technical analysis
- Can I brush my German sheepdog teeth
- Who ruled Persia throughout the 19th century
- What are wooden sticks used for?