Is the Eiffel Tower dangerous
Dangerous action in Paris : Man climbs the Eiffel Tower - and stays for hours
A climber stayed for several hours at dizzying heights on the steel structure of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. The world-famous landmark had been closed to visitors on Monday afternoon when the man climbed the tower. The climber was dressed all in black and clung to the bars for around six hours just below the third floor at a height of around 270 meters. Rescue workers were able to bring the man to safety at around 10 p.m.
The background to the incident was initially unclear. The media reported that the man was mentally unstable. According to the operating company, the man took the elevator to the second floor and then climbed towards the top. How he got over the high barriers that are installed on each floor of the tower was still open. Finally, the Paris fire brigade managed to speak to him.
Pictures showed how the man clung to a corner of the structure below the top floor for hours. Several emergency services had climbed nearby and tried to contact the man.
After the climber was discovered in the afternoon, the operating company evacuated the landmark. Around 2500 people had to leave the tower and the grounds. The area was cordoned off over a large area. The tower should open again on Tuesday.
The tower is visited by millions of people every year and just celebrated its 130th birthday. It was opened in 1889 on the occasion of the Paris World's Fair. The French engineer Gustave Eiffel was largely responsible for its construction. The steel structure alone weighs 7,300 tons, the structure weighs 10,000 tons in total - the tower is 324 meters high. (dpa)
- Can a Stirling engine produce electricity
- What is KT Extinction
- Why are Mumbai rains so special
- Why did Albert Einstein leave Germany?
- Hates Punjabi Bihari
- Who offers readymade web for printing
- Where is amazon forest
- How do I charge my motorcycle battery
- All HP laptop chargers are the same
- Do you actually like other people
- Dabbing on haters is normal
- Who discovered color How are colors named?
- Are boosted boards worth the money
- What is the true state of enlightenment
- What is the cheapest iPhone fast charger
- What's your rating of SendinBlue
- Strong-willed people can become weak
- What is the latest version of Joomla
- Which servers are used in the aviation industry
- What does understanding mean
- How does Africa feel about Donald Trump
- How does arginine make your muscles fuller
- What are the parts of the transmission line
- Would you recommend visiting St. Elmo Colorado