What are the best early youth books
Youth book tips: fantasy, betrayal, and secrets
A fantasy story without kitsch, a girl who grew up in a sect and three young people who uncovered a family secret: Katja Eßbach presents books for young people that are well worth reading.
"When the fog whispers, my heart awakens" by Kathrin Lange
That's what it's all about: romantic fantasy
Please don't let this horribly cheesy title put you off. Because then you missed an imaginative, very atmospheric story about Jessa, who grew up in a children's home after the death of her parents. The disappearance of her older sister five years ago completely threw her off course, and she repeatedly comes into conflict with her educators. One day she receives a tip about her sister's whereabouts. It leads them to an old, derelict mansion in Yorkshire. There she meets the twins Christopher and Adrian, who are doing their best to get rid of Jessa quickly. But she firmly believes that the brothers know what happened to their sister. Jessa begins to investigate and uncovered a centuries-old curse.
Yes, as the title does not suggest it very subtly, this book is about a romantic fantasy story. But Kathrin Lange tells the story in a pleasantly casual and exciting way. Your heroine Jessa is tough and unadjusted. Fortunately, it stays that way until the end.
"Liege Daughter" of Megan Cooley Peterson
This is what it's about: lies and betrayal
Piper is 17 years old and lives in a sect. However, she is not even aware of this, because she knows no other life and grows up completely shielded from the outside world. In the sect only the rules of their father, who calls himself a prophet, apply. Nobody, especially Piper, would have ever questioned that. But then government troops invade the facility and separate Piper from her family and the other sect members. She comes to a woman who supposedly only wants the best for her. But Piper doesn't trust her and suspects that she wants to manipulate her. Piper just wants to go back to her family and plans to escape.
Megan Cooley Peterson tells her captivating story on two time levels, the before and after. Their language is very suggestive and haunting, the description of everyday life in a sect is authentic. It is particularly impressive to see how Piper realizes the truth bit by bit and uncovered an unbelievable crime.
"The Cousins" by Karen M. McManus
That's what it's all about: a destructive family secret
Karen M. McManus ‘Debut novel" One of us is lying "was a huge success with which she made a name for herself in the youth book scene. And her new book "The Cousins" is also a page turner. The focus is on the wealthy family story. Its head, the widow Mildred Story, disinherited her children more than 20 years ago. She sent them a letter with the cryptic words "You know what you did", after which she broke off contact. Her grandchildren Milly, Aubrey and Jonah have never seen their grandmother and now receive news that Mildred is inviting them to their island estate near Cape Cod. Will the family finally be reconciled? The young people accept the invitation and quickly find out that it didn't come from their grandmother at all. But who is behind it and what plans is the stranger pursuing?
As in her other novels, Karen M. McManus takes turns narrating from the perspective of her protagonists. Her great strengths are an exciting, varied plot and authentic characters that one likes to follow.
New books for children and young people
"Shock your parents and read a book": That was a campaign aimed at encouraging children and young people to read. NDR info with reading tips for the next generation. more
This topic in the program:
NDR Info | Mikado | 02/20/2021 | 8:50 a.m.
- What is p1 cnf in irctc
- Self-validation is never enough
- Was Victorian Britain a wealthy place?
- Why don't my hashtags register on Instagram
- Overall, is BJJ better than Wing Chun
- What is commercial space
- Should civilians be ignored on the battlefield
- Is the Toyota Camry rear wheel drive
- How does evaporation differ from the boiling point?
- For whom are you composing
- What are the signs of perverted women
- What is the future of Copenhagen
- What is a flag in an algorithm
- How to clean aquarium gravel
- Are fries vegan
- Post engagement is a useful marketing term
- What is lab report writing
- Soil is a pure substance
- What is the need for alternative fuels
- What is your experience of teaching abroad?
- What does your country look like
- The objective reality is gone
- Do you have a navel piercing?
- Olive trees grow in Syria
- Would you recommend visiting St. Elmo Colorado
- What is the value of Sin30 degrees
- Should the aircraft maintenance engineer become a pilot
- What does salanghae mean
- How do I find most of the Googled topics
- You can subconsciously suppress your feelings
- What is twitter favorites
- What is your favorite personal finance resource
- What is the answer to this algebra question
- What happened to FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk