What does a lettuce flower look like
Europe's largest lettuce flower can be admired on Sunday
The idea was born after the Small Garden Show in 2011. On Sunday, the gardener's festival will be celebrated for the third time from 11 a.m. on the salad flower on the garden show grounds. Questions to master gardener Heinrich Lang from Etwashausen.Question: The lettuce flower is the focus of the gardener's festival.
Heinrich Lang: Rightly, that should be the largest bed of its kind in Europe, definitely in Germany.And what's behind it?
Lang: The “architect” is Hans Hummel. He comes up with a new design every year. The members of the Etwashausen horticultural association are responsible for the implementation.A few facts about the lettuce flower.
Long: 2,000 square meters, 12,000 plants. Twelve kinds of salad, plus some vegetables.And everything is sold on Sunday?
Lang: Hopefully, we want to sell around 1,000 bags for three euros each.What's in there?
Long: Five different salads, with cucumber, tomatoes and kohlrabi.And what's so special?
Lang: We sell and harvest at the same time. It doesn't get any fresher.And what is not sold. . .
Long: . . . goes to the Kitzinger Tafel.What happens to the proceeds?
Lang: With this, the 50-member association finances an excursion to horticultural businesses, always in a different federal state.Where did the idea come from?
Lang: It all started with the 2011 garden show. The horticultural association wanted to bring such an exhibition to Kitzingen as early as the 1990s. When she came, the club was heavily involved. Important for us: We wanted to present the association and its members on a separate area.And what did they offer?
Lang: We made a demonstration cultivation with vegetables and lettuce on an area of 2000 square meters. That was the hour of birth of the lettuce flower, back then on around 300 square meters.How was the offer received?
Lang: It was fascinating how the visitors received everything. The interest was tremendous. That was a very strong thing.And then?
Lang: The association was there when it came to promoting the ideas of the garden show. One of the results was the support association for the garden show grounds.And the horticultural association?
Lang: He decided to continue creating the salad flower on an area of 2,000 square meters. The result is impressive. I'm really looking forward to many visitors and conversations and to the question: How did you do it again?
Show all content for this place:Kitzingen
- Why were fireworks invented
- Bangalore is a great option for work
- Netflix has a pay-per-view function
- How oils promote hair growth
- Most atheists start out as agnostics
- Who are adult orphans
- Why is there no GCSE Bulgarian
- Is YouTube marketing useful or FB marketing
- Can an ENTP and ISFP really connect
- What does the heat equation mean
- Which camera should I buy under 700
- Which computer monitor should I never buy?
- Study the humanities Humanitaere
- Which IIT has the best metallurgy department
- Why can't I brown butter?
- How do I get customized grocery boxes
- Is online survey reliable
- Who invented zero 3
- Where is the Palestinian peace camp
- Does Jordan run out of water?
- Where do we get hydrocarbons from
- What exactly is classic analysis
- What killed Karen Carpenter
- Why did Candace Owens testify before Congress?