The mascara contains harmful chemicals
Hormonally active chemicals in cosmetics
Which hormonally active substances are used in cosmetics?
The hormonally-acting chemicals that are most commonly found are parabens. They are used as preservatives. The UV filters ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate (OMC) and benzophenones are also often found. All other substances listed are used less frequently. Here you can also download a list of the hormonally active substances in cosmetics.
- Methyl paraben, ethyl paraben, probyl paraben, butyl paraben
- Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate
- Cyclomethicone (alternative name: Cyclotetrasiloxane)
- Alcohol denat. (denatured alcohol)
Less common occurrences
- Resorcinol (Attention! Also often found in hair dyes)
- Benzophenone-1, Benzophenone-2 (Attention! Also often found in sunscreen)
- Diethyl phthalate
- 4-methylbenzylidene camphor, 3-benzylidene camphor
- Hydroxycinnamic acid
- Boric Acid
How can I protect myself?
In order to reduce the exposure to hormonally active chemicals, we have to start at the root - namely with the products. Our cosmetic checks show that there are alternatives to hormonally effective ingredients and that these are often used in the field of body care. However, there are still black sheep among manufacturers who use these substances.
Take a close look at products
Consumers can protect themselves by carefully examining the list of ingredients in cosmetic products and avoiding products with hormonally active chemicals. We have put together a list of all hormonally active chemicals for you. We have also put together an overview of the results of the cosmetics check 2013 and 2016 for you. There you can search for products from your bathroom cabinet.
ToxFox - the cosmetic check app
With the cosmetic check app "ToxFox" you simply scan the barcode of your favorite product and you will already know whether it contains hormonally active chemicals. In the case of contaminated products, a protest message can be sent to the manufacturers at the same time, so that the consumers can send a clear signal that they want cosmetics without harmful substances. The Toxfox is available for iOS and Android.
- What's the quickest way to forget
- Should we invest any money in Shopify
- Can open ignited diesel with a naked flame
- How can I download GTA SA
- Can I invest in international stocks?
- What does oppression do to a person
- Why do industrial processes use catalysts
- How do I train my willpower
- What is a periodic signal
- MacOS dies
- Can hypnosis cure an NPD man
- Why do vehicles only run on fuel?
- Why has Duta stopped working lately
- When did postmodern literature begin?
- What is the best cheap tea
- Frank Herbert was friends with Alan Watts
- Who is better Kawhi or Scottie
- Could Conor McGregor hit the mountain
- Have you ever had a septoplasty
- What is the difference between Exynos Snapdragon
- The blind still use tapes
- How are the seeds removed from orange
- Why are business people so rich
- Is radium dangerous in drinking water