Why can't I let my feelings out
The Power of Repressed Emotions: How Internal Anger Can Affect Mental Health
Negative emotions such as anger, hatred, anger, anger or aggression have existed since the beginning of human existence. These arise in an evolutionarily old area of our brain, the limbic system. This has a collection of nerve cell bodies at approximately temple level - the amygdala. Linked to the cerebral cortex, the amygdala is responsible for a wide range of emotions. It is considered the control center for the feelings of fear and anger and processes stimulus information from the eyes and ears in their context. If this happens, it deactivates the inhibiting cerebral cortex and sends warning signals to the entire body via the hypothalamus. Although the hypothalamus also sends warning signals back to the controlling cerebral cortex, it is much slower than the limbic system. This creates an uncontrolled anger before we regain control after a while.
When we are angry, we change the characteristics of our facial expressions. Our face becomes a grimace - the eyebrows contract, the eyes pinch, our lower jaw pushes forward and we show our teeth. Studies show that we perceive angry faces faster than friendly ones. For our body, this is the way it says, “Be careful, it is best not to approach.” Anger arises in many different ways over the course of the life cycle. While the defiance phase is an important building block for the development of one's own personality in small children, there are various triggers for adults, such as B. injustice, disrespect, attack on one's own personality, exploitation, disappointment, inappropriate criticism, violation of self-esteem or excessive demands and harassment. When combined with thoughts of revenge, anger is an explosive mixture that can lead to aggression. This is a permanent impulsivity that manifests itself in affect. It is considered a psychological protective reaction that is triggered by internal and external conditions.
- What is the best game booster software
- Which artist sang the song Careless Whisper
- Who was Krishna's closest childhood friend?
- What causes the illusion of two suns
- What is the difference between Expressionism and Fauvism
- Can CBD really be used as medicine
- What was the best quality from President JFK
- What is your opinion about your school
- Is boating safe
- I get poor in spirit
- How do bot zombies solve CAPTCHAs
- Children under 14 can see Riverdale
- What did you do in 1985
- What are international trade theorems
- Is dopamine responsible for insomnia?
- Hiring TCS civil engineers
- What does the Gothic genre include
- How useful is coaching when preparing for IAS
- What is the most exploited human weakness
- We become monsters
- When should I start studying for MCAT?
- What are your favorite rare words
- What should a technical writing portfolio contain
- What causes turbulence in airplanes