I have breast cancer
Breast problems often have no cancer-related cause, but are caused by harmless changes in the breast.
Chapter overview: breast cancer
The earlier a breast cancer is discovered, the better the chances of recovery with appropriate therapies. That is why it is important to see the gynecologist when
- lumps or indurations in the breast can be felt,
- when the arms are raised, the breasts fall differently,
- a nipple is pulled inwards,
- Changes in the skin of the breast or nipple occur
- bloody, purulent or clear fluid leaks from a nipple,
- Chest pain or pulling occurs for no known cause.
Symptoms of early stage breast cancer
In the early stages, breast cancer usually does not cause discomfort or pain. Women should therefore pay more attention to the first symptoms that could indicate a malignant tumor in the breast. These include:
If you suddenly notice a change in the size or shape of the breast, for example a breast pulls inwards or, conversely, swells, this can be a sign of breast cancer.
You should also pay close attention to possible skin changes on the breast such as wavy skin ("orange peel"), flaking skin or a change in color such as reddening of the skin.
Women who follow the recommendation and feel their entire breasts themselves once a month should make sure that the breasts fall immediately when they raise their arms.
Feel one Lump or hardening in the chest or armpit and if this lump has not resolved on its own after a week or two, you should see your gynecologist immediately. He will initiate further examinations for clarification and possible early detection of the tumor.
Senior doctor explains
How to feel the chest properly
Note: The structure of breast tissue changes with the hormonal cycle. So please examine your breast one week after the start of the menstrual period. Then the tissue is soft and the probability of a false palpable finding is low.
Change in the nipple
Various nipple changes can also indicate breast cancer. For example, has a nipple pulled in on you? Often these so-called inverted warts regress on their own.
In women who have recently weaned, they can also occur as a result of changes in the milk ducts. If the nipple does not regress even after a few weeks, you should present the change to your gynecologist.
Fluid leaks from the nipple
Kick Blood, pus or clear liquid from a nipple, this can also be an indication of a malignant tumor.
Blood from the nipple
What are the causes behind nipple secretions?
Pain or pulling in the chest with no known cause should be investigated. They can also indicate breast cancer.
If you notice any of these symptoms, please consult your gynecologist. We would be happy to help you too.
Do you have any signs of possible breast cancer? Make an appointment now.
0800 633 4946
Symptoms of advanced breast cancer
If the disease is more advanced, there are often other general symptoms such as:
- unwanted weight loss
- Pain, such as back pain or aching limbs (from bone metastases)
- Fatigue and listlessness
- Visible and palpable accumulation of fluid in the arm (called lymphedema)
In the advanced, metastatic stage of breast cancer, different symptoms can arise, depending on the organ in which the daughter tumors (metastases) are located. If the cancer and metastasis to other organs are already advanced, the treatment is no longer the focus of treatment. Rather, it is a matter of delaying the further progression of the disease, maintaining quality of life for as long as possible and alleviating tumor-related symptoms.
Breast cancer: symptoms in men
The warning signs for male breast cancer are generally the same as for female breast cancer. Men should see their doctor if they have the following symptoms:
Smartphones cause breast cancer?
Nine breast cancer myths in the probability check
- inflammation in the chest area that does not heal
- Fluid leaking from a nipple
- palpable lumps in the breast or hardened or enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit
- Changes in the shape and size of the breast
- Changes in the skin of the chest
- Changes in the nipple, for example pulling it inwards
in the advanced stage it can be in male breast cancer too following symptoms come:
- unwanted weight loss
- Fatigue or exhaustion
- Pain, such as back pain (from bone metastasis)
- Swelling of the arm due to metastasis in the lymph nodes
- Cough or shortness of breath
Consult a doctor in the event of complaints
Thanks to state-of-the-art treatment methods, almost 90 percent of patients with an early breast cancer diagnosis can now be cured. It is therefore extremely important to see a doctor as soon as one or more of the symptoms mentioned above occur.
Women should discuss early warning signs with their gynecologist. He will initiate all further investigations.
Men can contact their general practitioner if they have complaints. He will issue the necessary referrals - for radiology, for example.
Relapse after 20 years
Kathrin Heinrich beats breast cancer twice
Don't wait for symptoms
Women over 30 years of age should be the offer of the statutory health insurance annual palpation examinationat the gynecologist perceive. Between the 50th and 69th year of life stands women above that Participation in mammography screening every two years to.
Do you have any complaints? Make an appointment now.
0800 633 4946
The content of this page was created in collaboration with our experts
- Is intelligence just applied care in learning
- How can people strengthen their habits
- Isn't the cause ultimately the correlation
- Leon Trotsky was a hyperpolyglot
- Who is your favorite god and why
- What does Tafach mean in Amharic
- Is capitalism over communism
- Why is my printer offline
- Would you name your child the Hulk
- Whatever happened to Nick Griffin
- What is an RTP session
- Why is WEP not secure
- What are junk files
- Do you really think Muslims are evil?
- How did you learn to be patient
- Are guinea pigs happy in cages?
- What is Section 80c in Banking
- What are some digital wallets
- Why is Eminem still so angry
- Why is Hostinger web hosting so cheap
- What is the largest city in Arizona
- How is cardiac syncope treated
- Mindfulness meditation increases motivation
- Who can I copyright an infographic to?