What's going on in the story
Los Angeles 1932 The Medals
On the front the traditional goddess of victory, who holds a palm in her left hand and a crown of victory in her right hand. A design that has been used in Amsterdam since the 1928 Games. It was created by the Florentine artist Giuseppe Cassioli (ITA -1865-1942) and selected after a competition organized by the International Olympic Committee in 1921. For these games, the image of victory is accompanied by the specific inscription: "X. OLYMPIAD LOS ANGELES 1932".
On the back an Olympic champion, who is carried by the crowd in jubilation, with the Olympic Stadium in the background. Note: From 1928 to 1968, the medals for the Summer Games were identical. The organizing committee for the 1972 Games in Munich broke new ground with a different back, designed by a Bauhaus representative, Gerhard Marcks.
Designer: Giuseppe Cassioli
Materials: 1st place (gold-plated silver), 2nd place (silver), 3rd place (bronze)
Mint: The Whitehead & Hoag Co.
Discover the games
The markA visual identity is developed for each Olympic Games.
The medalsOriginally an olive wreath, the medal designs have evolved over the years.
- Can we delete IAS without coaching?
- Is affinity better than Photoshop
- What is Lionel Messi's state now
- Who is the replacement for Rishabh Pant
- Which social media networks reward their contributors
- Poliakov is a Jewish family name
- What actually triggers love
- What started quantum teleportation
- Why are kitchen machines useful
- Will Facebook end up like MySpace
- Who will be evicted from Bigg Boss 11
- What are pre-sale solutions
- Can you get sick without a fever
- Why can't you just be normal 7
- What makes a good airplane
- Where do computer people gather in Saigon
- What is Sandro Botticelli's painting style
- What is the side effect of Entresto
- Is there a value for SAP these days
- What is a foreign currency loan
- How did Pakistan show itself in Doklam?
- Are thin eyebrows attractive?
- Do you know someone who has been born again
- Counts Ben 10 as a superhero
- What does the nickname Buck stand for?
- Is there a Canadian who is not sorry
- Who are the leading practitioners of data visualization
- Whatever lasts forever
- Which animal has only one ear?
- Help Where should I live in France
- Why does sodium not react instantly with chlorine
- Who are the best rheumatologists in Kolkata
- Politics is a big thing in America
- What should be the precautionary measures before training