Hilarious questions What would Tyler Durden do
Fight Club - 25 quotes that will really give you one
I just assume that almost everyone knows the movie Fight Club, which is based on the bestselling Novell by “Chuck Palahniuk”. But even if you haven't seen the film or the book doesn't tell you anything, it's absolutely OK to read on now, because the essence of these quotes reflects the reality of our lives very well, even without this background knowledge.
But I can only recommend you to watch the film if you have really never heard of it.
Fight Club is, in my opinion, one of the best films ever made. It's actually not about fighting, it's a story from the life of a man and about the influences and effects of culture and corporate culture.
He can just be what he wants
One can say that the character of Tyler Durden (Brad Pitt) is not exactly a model citizen. But I think that we love to identify with this bully because he can just be what he wants and have fun at the same time. We'd all like to be that lawless and free.
But I'm not here to ask you to organize underground battles and to give each other the snout, nor do I want to support all the disgusts of the character of Tyler Durden, but it's actually about the essential message about life that this film in brilliant Way reproduces.
Just like Matrix and Bruce Lee films, Fight Club is bursting with cool motivational sayings and has a brilliant soundtrack.
Here are 25 film quotes and motivational sayings, translated from the original English version, that perfectly express this message:
1. "The things you own end up owning you."
"The things you own will ultimately own you."
2. "You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your f ** king khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world. "
“You are not your job. You are not your balance. You are not the car that you drive. You are not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking cargo pants. You are the singing and dancing scum of the world. "
3. "It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."
"Only after we have lost everything are we free to do anything."
4. "Reject the basic assumptions of civilization, especially the importance of material possessions."
"Repel the principles of humanity, especially the importance of material possessions."
5. "F ** k off with your sofa units and string green stripe patterns, I say never be complete, I say stop being perfect, I say let ... lets evolve, let the chips fall where they may."
"Fuck off with your green striped sofa sets, I say: never be complete, I say: stop being perfect, I say: improve yourself, just let things go!"
6. "The liberator who destroyed my property has realigned my perceptions."
"The Redeemer who destroyed my property has realigned my perception."
7. “Do you know what a duvet is? ... It's a blanket. Just a blanket. Now why do guys like you and me know what a duvet is? Is this essential to our survival, in the hunter-gatherer sense of the word? No. What are we then? ... We are consumers. We're the byproducts of a lifestyle obsession. "
“Do you know what a duvet is? ... It's just a duvet. A simple duvet. OK, why do guys like you and me know what a duvet is? Is that important for our survival in terms of the world of hunters and gatherers? No. What are we then? We are consumers. We are a by-product of the lifestyle obsession. "
8. “Man, I see in fight club the strongest and smartest men who’ve ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don’t need. "
“Man, at the Fight Club I see the strongest and brightest men fighting that ever lived. I see all of this potential and I see the waste. Damn it, an entire generation draws gasoline, clears tables, or they are office slaves in suits. Advertising makes us hot for cars and clothes, we work in jobs we hate just so we can buy shit we don't need. "
9. “What do you want? Wanna go back to the shit job, fucking condo world, watching sitcoms? F ** k you, I won’t do it. "
"What do you want? Do you want to go back to your shitty job, to your shitty apartment to watch sitcoms? F ** k you, I won't do that. "
10. Talking about consumerism: "We are all part of the same compost heap."
Because we are talking about consumer behavior: "We are all part of the same compost heap."
11. “How embarrassing… a house full of condiments and no food.” [A synecdoche for modern consumer driven life.]
"How embarrassing ... a house full of ingredients and no food." [A synecdoche for a modern, consumption-driven society]
12. Narrator, while looking at a Calvin Klein-esque ad on the bus: "Is that what a real man is supposed to look like?"
Commentator while looking at a Calvin Klein-style ad on the bus: "Should a real man look like this?"
13. “F ** k what you know. You need to forget about what you know, that's your problem. Forget about what you think you know about life, about friendship, and especially about you and me. "
“Fuck all you know. You have to forget what you know. that's your problem. Forget what you think you know about life. about friendship and especially about you and me. "
14. "Hitting bottom isn't a weekend retreat. It's not a goddamn seminar. Stop trying to control everything and just let go! LET GO! "
“Being at the bottom isn't a weekend getaway. Not a goddamn seminar. Stop trying to control everything and let go! LET GO!"
15. "Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing."
"Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing."
16. "Only after disaster can we be resurrected."
"Only a crisis can awaken us to new life."
17. "Guys, what would you wish you’d done before you died?"
"Guys, what wish would you have before you died?"
18. After Raymond Hessel faces death but live “Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day of Raymond K. Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever tasted. "
After Raymund Hessel narrowly escaped death: “Tomorrow will be the most beautiful day in Raymond K. Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you and I have ever had. "
19. Talking to himself about himself “Hey, you created me… take some responsibility!”
Speaks to himself about himself, "Hey, you made me ... take a little responsibility!"
20. [Talking about Fight Club] "And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
Talks about the Fight Club “And the eighth and final rule: when you are in the Fight Club for the first time, you have to fight.
21. “God Damn! We just had a near-life experience, fellas. " (Suggesting that most our experiences are, like death).
"Goddamn! We almost lived, guys. " (Assuming that many experiences are more like death)
22. "Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
"Shoving feathers up your ass doesn't make you a chicken."
23. “Time to stand up for what you believe in.”
"Time to stand up for what you believe in."
24. “Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don’t claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned. "
“Get your ass out of your apartment. Hang out with a member of the opposite sex. Stop shopping and masturbating so excessively. Quit your job. Start fighting. Prove you're alive If you don't claim your humanity, you will die as nobody. You have been warned. "
25. "This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time."
"This is your life and every minute it ends again."
(Image By Krzysztof Pędrys from Police, Poland (urban walls # 97) [CC BY-SA 2.0], via Wikimedia Commons)
Are you in the mood for more ingenious quotes?
You can now receive the most popular and up-to-date articles every month by simply subscribing to our newsletter.
- What could vegetarians eat
- What is the history of the internet
- Electronic music is an acquired taste
- Why are blunts and cigarettes rolled differently
- Is wealth equal to luck or just stability
- Kills frozen meat
- What Are Good Sources for Learning Tigrinya?
- Can Revit perform structural analysis
- Is there a universal repulsive force
- Which groups were killed during the Holocaust
- Who was considered the greatest knight
- What is 60 30 5 10
- How do I remove a disc
- How do I attract pigeons
- What are the best museums in Chicago
- How fast can a 100cc scooter go
- Spotify neglects their Android app
- What are the top blogging sites for guests
- What is the Pathophysiology of Horners Syndrome
- How do I give cash
- Why do rappers call their guns Nina?
- How much money is in your safe
- What money can I make on Google
- Could fracking cause a wave of rogues