What causes a painful sebum cyst
Remove the atheroma - the surgeon does it
The atheroma is best removed one surgeon. He cuts the lump out of the skin with a scalpel. As part of the atheroma operation, he not only removes the contents of the cyst, but also peeled out the capsule and the ducts of the sebum gland at the same time. No remnants of the covering or ducts should be left in the skin, otherwise the chances are high that the atheroma will grow back.
Surgeons remove small to medium-sized atheromas under local anesthesia (local or regional anesthesia). In the case of larger or inflamed atheromas, the removal is somewhat more complex and takes longer. Sometimes you need one for this general anesthetic.
If the atheroma becomes infected - treatment
Sometimes the atheroma becomes inflamed: then imagines abscess and pus accumulates. In this case, it is even more important that you do not put your hands on the atheroma yourself and try to express it. If the boil bursts, you can Bacteria in the bloodstream and cause blood poisoning. This is especially dangerous if the atheroma is on the head - the germs then possibly end up in the brain! If the atheroma is inflamed and painful, the motto is always: off to the doctor!
If the atheroma is inflamed, the first thing doctors try is the inflammation with the help of antibiotics (work against bacteria) to subside. This will prevent the infection from spreading. In addition, the doctor tries to ripen the atheroma with ointment - more precisely draft ointment - or heat. The pulling ointment softens the skin, relieves pain and slows down inflammation. also it reduces sebum production and ensures that the abscess opens and drains faster.
If the atheroma is not inflamed, the pulling ointment is of little use: although the atheroma shrinks because the secretion is emptied, the capsule does not dissolve. Again, it can only be removed surgically.
Then the surgeon carefully opens the atheroma, removes the pus and rinses it with a disinfectant solution to remove all germs as possible. Only when the inflammation has subsided after some time will the doctor remove all of the atheroma in a surgical procedure. As after any surgery, wound pain can occur. The larger the atheroma, the more pronounced it can be because the wound is larger. These complaints can be brought under control with painkillers.
Remove atheroma - you usually bear the costs yourself
From a medical point of view, an atheroma has no "disease value". That means: The cyst may be unsightly and cosmetically annoying, but it is not dangerous for the health. Troublemakers have nothing to do with cancer anyway. The health insurance companies usually do not cover the cost of atheroma removal for aesthetic reasons
- Justice League or The Avengers And why
- How much radiation was Litvinenko exposed to?
- What planet kindles ex-lovers together
- Some children are naturally morose
- How does the internet shape humanity
- What's your favorite heavy metal scream
- What not to do in interviews
- Is the Xiaomi M365 scooter worth buying
- How does Rev
- Which one is better to sketch or oil painting
- What does outsource mean?
- When will Mexico ban bullfighting?
- What makes a handball
- Explain the keto diet cycle
- What are the language differences in Scotland
- Whose flag is green white and orange
- Is it safe to dye your hair
- What is the IUPAC name of KMn04
- Which animals cannot jump
- How do I behave in school
- Can pi ever be infinite
- What is the best software for property inspection
- Where to Download Quantum Resonance Magnetic Analyzer Driver
- What determines an individual's risk tolerance