How positive or how negative is life
Life punishes those who think negatively
The effects of negativity
When we talk to other people, we complain once a minute on average. Quite often if you think about it for a long time. Whining mostly serves as a gap filler to avoid uncomfortable pauses during a conversation - it is therefore a comparatively "harmless" complaining, but the effect is the same as if one were extremely upset about something more important. Because those synapses that are activated in moments of stress or when you are angry, sooner or later lead to a weakened immune system and increased blood pressure. And that in turn can lead to more serious diseases such as heart disease, obesity and diabetes.
How, whining makes you fat?
Of course, you don't suddenly have two kilos more on your ribs every time you have to be extremely annoyed with your boss! The real culprit is the stress hormone cortisol. This is released when we are faced with a potential “danger”, that is, a difficult or terrifying situation. If the body produces too much cortisol, this can have the consequences mentioned above. Depression, anxiety, mood swings and concentration problems can also be attributed to increased cortisol levels. Since stress often has its origin in work, we have also collected five tips against stress in the office.
The three wretched types
The species of whimper is multifaceted. There are basically three different types:
- The steam vent: Chronically frustrated and convinced that the whole world has conspired against him anyway, the vaporizer has no interest in changing anything about his situation. These people do not want to hear about suggested solutions, no matter how helpful and logical they may seem.
- The sympathy-heischer: No matter how bad your life is, the sympathy-heischer has always got it worse! This quite annoying group is constantly thirsting for attention and confirmation that they are a victim of fate in their social environment.
- The chronic one: In principle, these people only experience their existence through the negativity lens. They hold on to the habit of negative thinking so doggedly that after all the whining, they can't even feel a sense of relief. This group is particularly affected by anxiety!
The brain as creature of habit
Those who constantly brood over their problems and dismiss situations as fundamentally hopeless are conditioning their brain synapses to be more efficient with regard to negative thinking. As a result, our brain clings to the victim role that we have ascribed to ourselves and focuses primarily on criticism and everything that worries us. It is well known that practice makes perfect. So - why don't we try to become a master of positive thinking for a change?
7 tips against negative thoughts
The expectation of walking around with a (serious) smile on your face every single minute and exuding positivity is unrealistic. Such an attempt then leads to either a freezing face or an immeasurable increase in frustration. Some days things don't even begin to go as planned - and that's fine. It is important not to give negativity full power over you.
Even small corrections to your thought system can contribute to better handling of situations that are not quite as exciting:
- Adjust your vocabulary! Words with negative connotations such as “never” should be deleted from your vocabulary. An apparently tiny change that has a big impact on your well-being.
- Open your mouth! Tired of being pushed around by your colleagues or the boss? Instead of wallowing in self-pity, grumbling and offended, it is better to take action and take the situation into your own hands.
- Avoid blasphemy! Is there anything better than cheating on an unpopular person from behind? Yes - namely to talk about things that are really important.
- Do what makes you happy! Are the negative thoughts pounding on you like punching a fist again? Don't worry - take a deep breath and take time for yourself and what you enjoy doing. Then it settles in again.
- Write down negative thoughts! Do you have to be angry or worried about something? Write all of it down in writing and at the end of the day try to get something positive out of it. In this way you also make tangible how much negative you let into your life.
- Don't take everything personally! Are you being yelled at by someone for no reason or treated unkindly? The best recipe against grumpy people is to laugh in their faces and be happy that you are no longer the one to carry around so much negative baggage and expose it to the outside world.
- How many rock bands are there
- Who are medical professionals
- Are Hyderabad and Secunderabad the same
- What was Confucius known for?
- Understand DJs music theory
- How does a sociopath control empaths
- What happens in Lost Season 6
- Is web scraping legal in India 1
- Tinnitus is a common problem
- What are some romantic getaways in Oklahoma
- Can your heart get cancer
- Where to Buy THC Vape Cartridges
- Who was mighty Galadriel or Elrond?
- What are free elections
- Why are people waiting for Saturday night
- Why don't daffodils need soil
- What is a hole stream
- Why do we use a DNA ladder
- Where do we get hydrocarbons from
- What is the greatest goal in life
- Why is Google Code shutting down
- How do I resolve fractions over fractions
- What is your definition of smart music
- What would happen, the water resource disappeared