How do I stay young at heart
“Getting older is not difficult, but being older is very much.” This clever saying is from a Protestant theologian. Anyone who already has a few more years under their belt knows it: time is racing and the year numbers tumble into our lives like from the lottery drum. Zack - another number that is alien to me. It works easily and as if by itself, if I am allowed to experience it.
What doesn't happen so easily and apparently unnoticed are the changes that time brings with it: Waning elasticity, minor malaises or major illnesses. Disappointments because of what has never been achieved or never lived. But of course getting older also has many advantages: greater serenity, perhaps less stress, joy in what has been achieved or in children and grandchildren.
Nevertheless, getting older is accompanied by an autumnal melancholy, a feeling of loss. Because as with the leaves on the tree of life, the fresh, youthful and forward-looking perspectives seem to be falling. Shine, because there are timeless, beautiful human qualities that are indestructible and that do not age. The Protestant theologian and great philanthropist Albert Schweitzer put it into a text that I pass on to all those who may struggle a little with aging, but also to those who feel these characteristics in themselves and pass them on. “Whether 15 or 50”, it says in this text, “in the heart of every person lives the longing for the wonderful. The amazement at the sight of the stars, the fearless risk, the childlike tension of what the next day will bring, the exuberant joy and zest for life.
You are as young as your confidence, as old as your doubts, as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear. As young as your hope and as old as your despondency. Because as long as the message of joy, boldness, beauty, greatness from earth, from man, from the infinite reaches your heart, you are young. "
- When was Obamacare established
- Who offers readymade web for printing
- Which actor overreacts in films
- Procrastination can be defeated
- What is a stable equilibrium in physics
- All community colleges require official transcripts
- Treasury bills are 100 risk free
- Support Pussy Riot
- What are some achievements in politics
- How is BTS Kim Taehyung doing in sports
- What is a theta
- You can subconsciously suppress your feelings
- What does an aerospace engineer work on
- What is the definition of banking
- When was zero actually introduced into mathematics?
- Which Marvel movie has the best soundtrack
- What cuts in the human brain
- How does a fusion ramjet engine work
- How do you cover the filling when baking
- How's Freshman Housing at Penn State
- Why is Germany a US colony
- What is in the 8th amendment
- Why is the soul important to God
- What are reading habits
- Can you modify an electric car
- Is building a PC dangerous?
- Why is professional education important
- What are the four types of puffins
- Does palatal expansion work in adults
- Introverts may be of low or medium intelligence
- What's wrong with standards
- Are dreams caused by our subconscious
- Hates Punjabi Bihari