Who's faster than Superman
The question of who is stronger or who can run faster is always very important for the superhero fan. If Superman is not only super powerful but also super fast, he should actually be faster than his JLA buddy Flash, who is actually the fastest person in the world.
In 1967 it was told how Flash and Superman race around the world in support of a UN aid campaign. At the same time, they are extremely knightly, constantly helping each other and the result is ultimately a photo finish. But this race was not the only one of its kind. In the same year "The Race To the End of the Universe" followed. Here the steel and the red speedster had to cross the entire Milky Way under pressure from aliens. This story also failed to give us an answer to the question of who was faster.
As early as 1970 they were running again, this time to eliminate time differences that a.o. Jimmy Olsen sent to the Roman Empire. In order to explain this more precisely (but not really meaningful), the author Denny O'Neil needed twice the amount compared to the first two races. The two-part story “Chase to the End of Time” from 1978 hits the same line, juggling all sorts of science fiction bits and pieces again.
“Speed kills!” From 1990 by Dan Jurgens is quite enjoyable. Here it is the annoying Mr. Mxyzptlk who only disappears again when Flash and Superman fight a race that even one of the two wins! In 2002 Superman was finally allowed to compete with the "Original Flash" (special feature: flat steel helmet) (under very confused circumstances).
Garnished with a cover by Alex Ross ("Kingdom Come"), these six races now appear bundled in an anthology, which also shows how the superhero comics have changed over time. The more straightforward 22-page self-contained stories in the sixties were followed by more epic stories that stretched over several issues, and finally those, oh so clever, with all (but really all) set pieces of the DC (or Marvel) cosmos playing factual hubbub which we still have to suffer from today.
To order this comic from AMAZON, click here
Buy SUPERMAN comics on ebay, click here
- What's wrong with idiots
- Which songs changed the story?
- Have prisoners access to books
- What would happen, the water resource disappeared
- Registration for Hotstar is required
- What are the hard magnetic materials
- How do you say rule in French?
- What is Android's runtime
- How important is an essay in life
- What is the best age to get veneers
- Have you read Pax Indica?
- What are the topics in CEH
- How is it in Durham NH
- Low blood pressure causes fatigue
- How does Gap rate its employees
- Where did GREP come from
- How do you say beast in Tagalog
- How much is Jack Welch worth
- Why is rammed earth used
- What does gallon mean
- What are important components of the project proposal
- How can international students work in Cardiff
- Who influences women's purchasing decisions
- Why can't I feel my pulse
- The bananas ripen after harvest
- Will Y2K occur again in 81 years
- Are dreams caused by our subconscious
- Share your travel pictures for Turkey
- Why has Shimla lost its popularity
- Is hydrocodone stronger than morphine
- What is a clipped diagram
- Why did Candace Owens testify before Congress?
- How is ethanol used in DNA extraction
- Java is free for commercial use