What is an S E O Checklist
SEO Checklist - How Search Engine Optimization Works 2018
It started with a tweet in which SEO guru Rand Fishkin of MOZ asked his followers how to place websites at the top of the search results of Google and Co. in 2018. An SEO checklist was created from over 200 answers, which you can hardly ignore in the new year if you want to optimize your website for search engines.
7 points that will be particularly important for SEO in 2018
- Structure of the URLs for crawlers and users
The URL structure must be clearly legible for the Google bots. This forms the technical SEO basis. A “speaking URL” also offers added value for the user. This is because users can use it to understand the content and position on the website. Similar to a breadcrumb.
- Research of focus and related keywords
Every URL, i.e. every page, should a Be assigned a focus keyword. It is important to assign related keywords to this search term, which describe the main term of the individual page. The semantic classification of the keywords in the text of the website - for example by structuring H1 to H5 headlines - must not be neglected. Which keyword is best suited as the main keyword? How can similar search terms be found? With professional keyword research. SEO tools such as Searchmetrics and Sistrix or the Keyword Planner from Google are suitable for this.
- Analysis of the SERPs
The search result pages (SERPs) from Google are a pool of ideas and content for good SEO and content marketing. If you take a close look at the top-ranked websites for a specific keyword, you will get important insights into the search term and understand what the user expects for content. The analysis provides information on which content is required to be placed at the top.
- Content is king
What makes good content on a website? Sometimes it should inform, sometimes amusement. Another time he is supposed to visualize complex content. That takes good content creators. Because without well-written texts, clean and consistently visualized graphics or excellent videos, it will be difficult for a website to rank among a contested search term.
- Optimization of the snippets
Title, URL and meta description belong to a snippet that is displayed in the SERPs. It is important to optimize this metadata. Because they are not only to be understood as a ranking factor, but primarily serve to ensure that users click on the snippet to get from the search engine result to your website. Almost 50 percent of all search queries in Google do not trigger a click. Ascending trend. Reasons for this include the rich snippets, which answer the answer to a search query within the search engine. If possible, try to show up with content in the rich snippets. If not, it is all the more important that every snippet is optimized for the respective URL and animated to click.
- Usability and SSL as a ranking factor
Pagespeed and user experience (UX) are ranking factors that should not be underestimated in 2018. Your website should therefore load quickly and correctly on all devices. Slow websites without responsive design will find it very difficult to rank well in the coming year. Also more and more important: the secure encryption of the website with an SSL certificate. Above all, websites that allow data to be entered and sent should be played out as an https variant.
- Link building and content distribution
Are there influencers who can help distribute your content? In which channels and platforms can your content be shared? What added value does this give the user? Knowing the answers to these questions will help you tremendously in the search engine optimization of your website. Because increasing traffic and positive user behavior on your website contribute to your ranking.
What does a website need to rank well in 2018?
From a technical point of view, a search engine optimized website must be able to boast a good and safe user experience, fast loading time and high performance. In terms of content, the aim is to exactly meet the needs of the searcher. With content that inspires the user. If you can do that, your website will get good rankings in the New Year.
David Hachenberg is a freelance content marketing manager and specializes in search engine optimization (SEO). He mainly supports B2B companies in website optimization and maintenance as well as content creation and distribution. The content specialist writes about SEO, newsletter and content marketing for OnlineMarketing.de.
- What kind of behavior is genetically programmed?
- Is currency trading legal in Pakistan?
- Are there any problems using Scrapebox for SEO
- Quantum physicists need chemistry
- Is the Muslim religion a peaceful one?
- What is Apache Big Data
- What is speed image
- Will Congress override Trump's budget veto
- Why are blunts and cigarettes rolled differently
- What do pug puppies eat
- Why are some salts colored
- Which books should entrepreneurs read for marketing?
- How much does the dragon skin armor weigh
- Hummingbirds can fly backwards
- What causes a distorted sense of time
- How does a woman get curvy
- How do you find satisfaction
- What is the largest living bird in the world
- What are junk files
- What do fraudsters often do
- How do you do it plural
- Which books will change a person's life?
- Why has Duta stopped working lately
- What is the scope for food processing technology
- What would happen if Konan didn't die?
- Why is the moon turning
- What power does quantum entanglement use
- Why is the Instagram logo so colorful
- Can someone die by forcing a miscarriage
- Can you die by falling asleep
- How do I tighten the calf muscles
- Have you ever cried about your past
- What is the Win32 Virus