Why do people seek leadership positions
“Why do you want to be a manager?” This is your argument.
Not everyone is a born leader. Therefore, applicants are put through their paces during the interview. Therefore, if you are applying for the role of a manager, you should come up with a few powerful arguments. We will show you how to respond confidently to the question “Why do you want to become a manager?”.
Some application questions are tough. How to explain why you applied for a leadership position.
My house, my car, my career - if you have a management position, you've made it - right? Executives are among the top earners and have a distinguished position both inside and outside the company. In addition to the prestige aspect, many companies have special perks such as company cars or a company pension. But: are you really ready for this role?
Are you ready for a leadership position?
Stop for a moment and weigh up. A leadership position sounds promising, but it is not only associated with a lot of work, but also with great responsibility. Perhaps you have already gained initial experience as a team leader? Then you know that there is a lot more to it than just achieving success with your team. You not only have to organize, coordinate and delegate, but also motivate - and you are the number 1 contact when there are problems. So before you ask yourself the "why" question, you should take a moment to relax. Are you actually ready for a leadership position? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you enjoy organizing work processes? Do you have the talent?
- Do you like to take on responsibility - for yourself, your employees and their performance?
- Are you good at dealing with colleagues and employees?
- Are you good at making decisions?
- Are you able to assert yourself?
- Do you find it easy to allow other opinions?
- How well do you deal with criticism?
- Are you able to resolve and resolve conflicts?
- Do you keep your nerve even in stressful situations?
- Can you effectively assemble and manage teams?
Did you answer yes to most of these questions? Then you seem ready for a leadership position. But some qualities are essential for a manager. Do you have the necessary requirements?
Do you have what it takes to be a manager?
Few people are born leaders, but leadership can be learned. Nevertheless, you should bring some important basic requirements with you. Why? Compared to your employees, whose competence lies in their specialist knowledge, as a prospective manager you need special social qualities. From now on, they will mainly devote themselves to their management tasks and delegate previous specialist areas of responsibility to their employees. Here you can find out which qualities executives need:
- Respect and trust on the part of the employees
- Confidence and the ability to assert oneself
- Communication skills
- Ability to delegate
- Empathy and knowledge of human nature
- Stress resistance
- Organizational talent
- Conflict resolution skills
- Commitment and motivation
- Target focus
- Willingness to make quick decisions and set priorities
So you argue.
A lot is demanded of executives. They embody a wide variety of roles - they are boss, organizer, motivator, role model. If you are ready to take on this challenge and have most of the basic requirements, you already have everything you need to answer the question “Why do you want to become a manager?” Convincingly. Now is the time to structure your arguments - and present them conclusively.
Write down your leadership skills and give yourself a few examples where you have successfully used those skills. Perhaps it was thanks to your conflict resolution skills that the cooperation with your new advertising agency did not fail at the last second? Ideally, you will already have gained initial experience in leadership by the time you apply for a management position. Have you already coordinated a team or managed the department when your supervisor was absent due to illness? Make a note of your successes and then present the facts:
“I headed the 'Marketing Innovation' project group, which consisted of nine members, for three months. I was not only responsible for coordinating the project, but also for delegating the areas of responsibility. Through regular meetings and feedback rounds with the employees, I was able to resolve problems and conflicts at an early stage and to optimize the individual processes. So I was able to finish the project three weeks earlier than planned. "
Leave no doubt about your leadership potential!
After you have demonstrated your first leadership successes using specific examples, you should address your personal motivation. What drives you in your desire to become a manager? During your supervisor's last sick leave replacement, did you notice how much you are interested in employee development? Do you already have some good ideas that you would like to implement - perhaps a new concept for employee motivation? Make it clear that you are ready to take on responsibility and signal your desire to have a positive effect on the corporate culture. Show that you are one hundred percent behind your decision. If you justify your motivation authentically and provide convincing examples of how you have used your leadership skills successfully, you will have no difficulty in answering the question "Why do you want to become a manager?" With confidence.
- What are some achievements in politics
- What is GNSS in geotechnics
- Perfect pitch can only work sometimes
- What are the dimensions of a basketball
- Do you like clubs
- What is a baseball cross checker
- How is polyurethane made
- What is domain name registration
- What is 7 6 5 2 3
- Support Pussy Riot
- What is meant by cement concrete
- What are some tips for drawing figures
- Does homeowner insurance cover the removal of sick trees
- Is feminism overrated?
- Why is my stove blowing lukewarm air
- How long is the IPCC registration valid?
- How effective is the Coursera certification in itself
- Self-flying helicopters are possible
- What color goes with dark peach
- Why did you settle in Mysore
- How much is a Drifter guitar worth
- Is sober, to live better than to drink occasionally
- Can someone apply to Google
- What does reticulum