What kind of crystal is salt
Who can grow crystals from salt?
Do you also want to grow salt crystals?
And this is how it is done:
1. Prepare the solution
More salt dissolves in hot water than in cold water. Therefore, first pour the water into a small saucepan and heat it on the stove. Caution: Only operate the stove with an adult! When the water boils, remove the saucepan from the heat and carefully stir in the salt until it has completely dissolved. Now pour the cooled solution back into the glass. Ties the wool threads to the wooden skewer in the middle with a little space and hangs the threads into the glass. If you knot pearls at the end of the threads, they will hang straight in the water.
2. The salt becomes visible again
The salt has dissolved in the water - but it has not disappeared. A small test shows that the water tastes very salty. Because salt, like everything around us, consists of invisible small building blocks that are held together by forces of attraction. However, the water separates these particles from one another and thus dissolves the visible grains of salt. Tiny, invisible salt particles remain behind. But when the water gets cold and then evaporates, fewer and fewer salt building blocks fit into the solution.
Therefore, the salt particles reassemble and form new crystals. These grow until they can be seen on the thread and pearls after two to three days.
3. And the crystals keep growing
So when the water gradually evaporates, the dissolved salt particles remain behind. They attach themselves further and further to the already existing crystals and thereby form a solid formation.
By the way: while snowflakes are hexagonal or have six rays, salt crystals are made up of tiny cubes. And the slower the water cools down and evaporates, the larger the individual crystals become - but the longer the experiment takes. Finally, you can hang up the thread with the crystals to dry.
A little tip: if you add some food coloring to the water, colored crystals will grow.
- How tall is Leonardo DiCaprio
- Does baseball have a salary cap?
- What is an enclave land
- How does the Internet of Things work
- Menudo is a fattening feed
- What is conscious practice for an artist
- Why was Ireland never afforested again?
- Where can I get good advice for life
- Why are blunts and cigarettes rolled differently
- What is the simplest SAT II subject test
- Why stars look white but not red
- What do entrepreneurs have to struggle with the most?
- Joe Biden is out of touch
- Why is a PRNG not accidental
- Dispatchers make good money
- What is crypto currency really worth to you
- What are some gentle rock music songs
- What are the uses of heavier items
- Can SJWs be viewed as bigots
- What are the benefits of practicing aikido
- Why did the Bangladeshi team lose yesterday
- Make it sacred for me to keep the Sabbath
- What is the typical deep learning architecture
- The beaches in Dadar are closed