The waste of water affects everyone
Drinking water protection affects everyone
Bolzano - On the occasion of the last World Water Day on March 22, 2021, SEAB, together with the Environment Agency of the Bolzano municipality and on the initiative of the City District Council Center - Bozner Boden - Rentsch, launched a small information campaign. As part of the campaign, a different aspect on the topic of drinking water is highlighted every 22nd of the month. For Earth Day on April 22nd, it was all about the drinking water infrastructure in Bolzano. Tomorrow, on Biodiversity Day, the focus will be on the personal contribution that each individual can make to protecting and preventing this valuable resource from being wasted.
Just last week on May 13th, 2021, “Overshoot Day” was recorded in Italy - this is the day on which the natural resources of our earth (food, water, forests, soil ...) would already be used up if everyone on earth had the same lifestyle how we would enjoy. So, according to the Global Footprint Network, Italy would need resources from 2.7 planets to get there by the end of the year. Each of us can start with small gestures and actions to make a contribution against this waste. A conscious and careful use of the most important of all natural resources - drinking water - would be the first step in this direction. Many people from Bolzano are already doing it by consciously opting for our good and environmentally neutral (since no CO2 emissions) tap water instead of packaged water.
But there are a number of other measures that can help us save water: If you shower instead of bathing, this saves around 100 liters of water. The same amount of water can be saved every day if you repair leaky taps in good time. Turning off the tap, for example when brushing your teeth, saves around 32 liters of water a day. Water-saving toilet fresheners can save tens of thousands of liters of water a year (each flush uses around ten to twelve liters). Further measures would be, for example: only switch on household appliances when they are fully charged; reuse the dryer water (e.g. for the iron); Install so-called aerators or jet regulators on the taps, etc. SEAB would like to encourage all citizens to think about the economical and ecologically conscious use of water. Our Bolzano water is a real quality product that is available around the clock, 365 days a year. This is by no means a matter of course: 16 million people still live in Europe today who do not have daily access to clean drinking water. There are 663 million people around the world. This is precisely why the sixth goal of the UN 2030 Agenda is: "Guaranteeing access to clean water and sanitation for all people in the world".
That should get us thinking and increase our appreciation for this resource. An old Tuareg proverb sums it up: "Water is nothing when you have it".
- Being a graduate engineer is a BPO job
- What does the error expected before the token mean
- What is unique about girls from Texas
- How does it feel to be helpless
- How will vertical farming help India
- Is the OnePlus 5 waterproof
- How is it beneficial to be a cardiologist
- How many are too many
- How long do Coinbase purchases take
- Is religion considered a pseudoscience
- Is the Koran a science book
- Can I get to UNC Chapel Hill
- How has ethics evolved over the course of history
- Are training jackets warm
- A car weighs less when moving
- What are some scared lies telling you
- What is it like to breed tarantulas?
- Why do some metalheads hate Slipknot
- Are Hyderabad and Secunderabad the same
- What does soft skill training mean
- There are many intellectually honest people
- Which planet has the maximum angular momentum
- Wish that Yugoslavia still existed
- Can a dentist qualify CAT