What is the busiest pub in England
Inside The Grenadier, London's Most Haunted Pub
On a secluded side street in London's Belgrave Square is The Grenadier, a pub famous for its ghosts and a reputation for being the most haunted pub in the city. Built in 1720, the little pub has served many purposes over the years but was originally used as an officers mess and was even visited by King George IV.
The creepy figure alleged to haunt the public house is named Cedric, a soldier who was beaten to death by his comrades outside the pub in 1818 after being cheated on a card game. Reportedly, the month the incident occurred was September, which is fittingly the month with the most paranormal activity in the pub. Since that date, a slowly moving, silent ghost has seen the rooms of the charismatic drinking area.
The name of the pub comes from Cedric himself, who was a grenadier. Modern advertisers who visit the pub put money on the ceiling to pay Cedric's debts; As a result, the pub is covered in banknotes from all over the world. However, it seems that even 200 years later, despite public help, his debts have not been fully paid off as Cedric continues to play pranks on customers and employees. Locals claim that they can sense Cedric's presence due to the frequent breakage of glasses.
A spokesman for The Grenadier said: "Objects seem to either disappear or move without explanation. Tables and chairs rattle inexplicably, as does an icy cold that resists the pub and lasts for days. Footsteps could be heard wandering in empty rooms, and from the depths of the cellar one can hear soft sighs again and again.
On one occasion it was reported that while the Chief Superintendent of New Scotland Yard was enjoying a drink in the pub, smoke was blowing around him. When he reached for the smoke, an invisible cigarette is said to have burned his hand.
This quirky pub oozes charm and has won the hearts of Knightsbridge residents, who come frequently for an evening drink. Unsurprisingly, the pub is also a hotspot for tourists hoping to catch a glimpse of the supernatural specter. If you love all things paranormal, check out the Grenadier the next time you are in central London and enjoy its truly unique and fascinating story.
The Grenadier is at 18 Wilton Row, UK
- How is Amity Noida for BJMC
- What are some common yoga poses
- How can you monitor social media platforms
- What is diffusion in geography
- What is the best poetry analysis book
- Can you be suspended over the phone
- What is the full resume form
- Is it lonely to be ugly
- Which TV show is pointless
- How can I take notes in the laptop
- How is DNA conservative
- What was Confucius known for?
- How can I make my startup investable?
- How does FRM help a trader
- Can people make friends with a pack of wolves?
- How can I control my hunger quickly
- What hurricanes were worse than Dorian
- Career Point Kota is good for drippers
- Which continent is Mozambique on
- What happened to videotapes
- Why can't Spider Man fly
- What is a weekly market
- What is the best age to get veneers
- Where in school Ezekiel played Elliott
- Can a vegetarian keep a pet?
- What is the date of mother's day
- What is Rebtel
- How do exchangeable e-mail programs work
- Music can seriously hurt a person
- How is Netflix ruining your life
- What does a PCB designer do
- Why does the color of human urine change
- What is a big ant
- How is digital learning changing the world