How do you fix a wall
Repair cracks in the wall - this is how it works
Possible consequential damage
Once the masonry has been attacked, further damage could be threatened. Moisture can penetrate the masonry through the existing cracks and completely wet it over time. This can also lead to further damage such as over-salted masonry or mold growth.
Cracks represent a further danger because they are thermal bridges. In the vicinity of the crack, the wall cools down, which can also lead to the formation of condensation inside and then to mold.
Ways to get rid of cracks
Smaller cracks can easily be filled with plaster. They are then eliminated for the time being. If the wall works, however, these cracks can reopen or even widen.
The better option is therefore a permanent, elastic closure of the cracks. The best way to do this is to use acrylic. How to do this is explained below.
Permanently eliminate cracks in the masonry - step by step
1. Measure the crack in the wall
First you should measure the wall crack (or the wall cracks, if there are several) exactly. You need the length of the crack and the width. You can choose a suitable joint filler profile based on these dimensions.
2. Widen the crack evenly
Joint profiles always have the same thickness, cracks are not. For this reason, you should widen the crack to the width of the joint profile in the narrow areas. Use a joint cutter (angle grinder (€ 48.74 at Amazon *) with joint cutter).
3. Insert the joint profile
Spray PU foam into the crack and press the joint profile firmly into it. Wait until the PU foam has hardened. After about an hour, cut off the excess foam.
4. Seal the joint
Coat the now closed joint with primer (€ 20.99 at Amazon *), let it dry and seal with acrylic. Mask the edges of the joint with painter's tape. When the acrylic has dried, the adhesion promoter can be painted on again and the repaired crack can be painted in a suitable color.
* Affiliate link to AmazonHome »Renovating» Wall »Walls
- Who are the weirdest rappers
- Who is the nicest actor
- Are SS and AISI steels the same
- Which water catchment areas does Highway 17 pass through
- Should I seek help with my bulimia?
- Does the time depend on the speed
- Where can I watch Amazon Prime videos
- How do I read a newspaper every day
- Why do I feel about everything
- What was your greatest curiosity
- How do Haengen and Wuergen differ?
- Selfishness is good
- How do you become successful on Zazzle
- What are some little dinosaurs
- Are children amoral
- What is an enclave land
- Telephones are the new TVs in 2019
- Are our standards of beauty unrealistic?
- What does who mean
- Post engagement is a useful marketing term
- Where do 65 nurses work?
- What's the worst conversation opener
- What is the best website for sub4sub
- What's more protein than a banana