Why does champagne make you sleepy
Why sparkling wine makes you drunk faster than wine
Everyone knows that: A champagne before dinner, and the stress of the day is quickly forgotten, the mood rises, we become more communicative. Other sparkling wines such as champagne or prosecco have the same effect. As an aperitif, they literally put us in a champagne mood.
With white wine, on the other hand, it doesn't work. But why actually? After all, both types of drink contain comparable amounts of alcohol. The solution to the riddle is carbonic acid.
H2CO3 is a combination of carbon dioxide (CO2) and water (H2O) that also spices up mineral water. And also ensures sparkling drinking pleasure with sparkling wines. But that's not all: the carbon dioxide also stimulates the blood flow to mucous membranes, for example in the stomach, small intestine or oral cavity. But better blood circulation also means that more alcohol can be absorbed and gets into the bloodstream. And that from the first sip.
In a study, researchers were able to show that the same drink, once with and once non-carbonated, makes people tipsy to different degrees.
Tests prove: anyone who drinks sparkling wine gets drunk faster
To this end, they had twelve test subjects willing to drink stand up to enjoy in the service of science. They divided them into two groups: some got two glasses of freshly uncorked bubbly, the other got stirred and shaken champagne - that is, non-carbonated. The members of both groups received the same amount of pure alcohol with the champagne - 0.6 grams per kilogram of body weight.
Two glasses of champagne, freshly uncorked, drove the alcohol content in the test subjects' blood to 0.54 per mille after five minutes. The stale variant, on the other hand, only ensured a level of 0.39 per mille. So her subjective feeling of being less tipsy corresponded to her actual blood values. Perception and reaction tests also confirmed the result.
By the way, if you want to avoid the accelerating effect of sparkling wine in order not to attract attention at the Christmas party, there are two tips for you. First: drink less. Second: drink from a shallow goblet - it allows the carbon dioxide to escape more quickly.#Subjects
- What makes a man the perfect person
- What are the problems with IOT sensors
- Is greater intelligence the solution to everything
- What do you hate to do
- How do I prevent a nuclear attack
- Why is the reality so depressing
- The Karstarks can warrant themselves too
- How difficult could Spanish be
- CRISPR has been used in humans
- Why is methanol used in HPLC
- Is building a PC dangerous?
- What is a common mistake when choosing a career
- Which industries need to be democratized
- What is the GATT trade agreement
- Why are wild strawberries so tiny
- Which is right, could or can
- What is affiliate and its benefits
- How do welding nozzles produce water?
- How to Plant a Venus Flytrap
- Do you ever wish you weren't big
- Where can I get good advice for life
- What are the symptoms of Zika fever
- What is Pakistan's psychological warfare against India
- Who uses bicycles