Earplugs - turn off noise properly
Street noise, loud music, annoying snoring - typical noises that deprive us of sleep and can get on our nerves. Earplugs are often the only solution. There are many different models, but which are the best?
Cotton balls with a hard core made of petroleum jelly and wax are the classic. These earplugs can be shaped softly and inserted into the ear. Instead of cotton wool, silicone is used in other models - you should be able to swim with it. Others have silicone wings or straps for safe pulling out, there are disposable plugs and washable models.
Use earplugs correctly
Earplugs are only dangerous if you use them incorrectly and damage the skin of the ear canal in the process. And using it too often can lead to inflammation. When used correctly, however, the plugs protect the hearing from noise. A loud snorer with 70 decibels is no longer a problem. A truck with 90 decibels becomes quieter and even a circular saw with 120 decibels is almost bearable. There is a risk of hearing damage as low as 85 decibels. Earplugs can help prevent this by reducing noise by 10 to 35 decibels when used correctly. The plugs must be clean and the ears dry. Otherwise a warm, humid climate will form behind the plug, an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. The wax and silicone balls are kneaded into a wedge and half pushed into the ear. The rest is distributed in the auricle so that the whole ear is tight and the plug does not fall out again.
Experts recommend silicone plugs
Foam models are a little easier to handle. Here, too, you first need a sharp wedge. If it sits in the ear canal, it expands there again and closes. Experts recommend reusable silicone plugs that are easy to insert and easy to remove. The pressure on the skin of the auditory canal is relatively low with these plugs. Even foam plugs, whether cones or cylinders, can be removed relatively easily and without leaving any residue. By the way, you can also make your own earplugs: Simply twist up facial tissues and stick them in your ears.
This topic in the program:
Visit | 09/13/2016 | 8:15 pm
- Has anyone ever stolen the White House?
- How did the Polynesians discover new land
- Why are there colds?
- How is FDDI Hyderabad ranking
- What is the melting point of Berkelium
- Schools kill student curiosity
- What are the Mahavidyas
- How can you create Airfix stickers?
- Are AIIMS questionnaires completely MCQ models
- What is the scientific definition of darkness
- How do you train like an athlete
- What are junk files in the phone
- Is looked down on as independent research affiliation
- What are visual marketers doing
- What is a social event
- What is a good domain valuation service
- Should I force my son to exercise?
- What are the best steak knives
- What does the hydrolysis of ketones bring
- How does deforestation affect methane levels?
- How much investment in the solar business
- What are dams, dam parts and sections
- Coding is required for robotics
- Can Bitcoin avoid the next financial crisis?