What are the best Java courses
Learn Java online: What online courses, tutorials and MOOCs are there?
Of Twitter above Amazon up to Minecraft: Java is a programming language whose Significance increases sharply.
Also because the huge number of existing Android apps (estimated 3 million) based on Java.
Reason enough to deal with Java and learn the popular coding language yourself!
But which Java programming course is the right one?
4 ways to learn Java online
We introduce you to 4 different ways to learn Java on the Internet:
- free YouTube tutorials,
- specialized Coding boot camps,
- modern Video courses (MOOCs) and
- academic Online lectures.
We'll show you the individual options below and explain the differences.
(Jump to over 100 Java courses in our directory here.)
Briefly in advance: What is Java actually?
Java: a special programming language
The specialty of Java as a programming language is that it platform independent is.
Ordinary programs must be adapted to the operating system on which they are used. A program for a Windows computer does not run under Linux. The idea behind Java is to remove this restriction.
The trick is that for each operating system a separate Runtime environment (Java Runtime Environment) was developed in which Java then runs. For example for Windows, Unix or Linux.
Java is also a object-oriented programming language. With the object orientation, certain objects are combined, which leads to a simplification of the software.
Sounds complicated? With a Java course you will understand everything quickly!
Lots of applications, boom in Android apps
Since Java runs on almost all operating systems, there are many possible uses.
There are Java desktop applications (like ordinary computer programs). The programming language is also ideal for web applications. Java comes with it in the backend of websites for use (i.e. on the server side). There is also Java applets, i.e. small program blocks that are executed in the browser.
Java is becoming more and more important for mobile devices. Apps for Android smartphones are almost always based on Java.
So Java is one of the most important coding languages. But how exactly can you yourselfLearn to program Java?
THE 4 LEARNING POSSIBILITIES IN DETAIL:
1.) YouTube tutorials: First introduction to get a taste of things
YouTube enables you to get started for the first time. The teaching style is relaxed and varied. But beware: Not every "expert" who uploads videos is always right about the content. A well thought-out teaching concept is often missing. Of course there are no certificates either.
Conclusion: Can make a good first impression for beginners. Rather less suitable for a comprehensive, structured Java training.
2.) Online coding boot camps: Focused Java training for practical use
There are course providers who specialize in coding. These online boot camps and similar providers teach you individual programming languages in a concentrated form. This is about practical training that can be used quickly on the job. A lot of your own programming work is required for this. Often the courses cost something.
Conclusion: Focused practical training for quick coding skills. Less detailed explanation of theoretical concepts.
- Codecademy, Learn Java: Interactive programming course with a lot of your own coding. The basic version is free, but a lot of the content is hidden behind the paywall.
- Udemy, Java programming for beginners: video course in German for beginners without prior knowledge with 100 short video lessons (11 hours in total).
- Pluralsight, Java Path: 12 Java lessons for beginners, advanced and experts. With an assessment at the beginning everyone can determine their own level.
- Treehouse, Learn Java: Complete Java track consisting of 8 lessons and a total of 18 hours. Contains interactive programming exercises.
3.) Video courses (MOOCs): Comprehensive online learning, often free of charge
With MOOCs (massive open online courses) university content is prepared for the Internet. The courses come from universities that ensure the quality. With MOOCs you can often learn free of charge, the certificates (on request) are chargeable.
Conclusion: Comprehensive programming training from well-known universities. More detailed video lessons than in the boot camps.
- Java for beginners: Short German-language intensive course by the Hasso Plattner Institute. Conveys the most important basics about Java in 4 weeks. Variables, arrays and loops are included as well as the object orientation.
- Java Programming and Software Engineering Fundamentals: Series of 5 individual MOOCs that enable comprehensive Java training for web developers (Duke University, via Coursera).
- Introduction to Java Programming: Course series of 3 video courses from the University of Madrid for in-depth training in the programming language (via edX).
- Java Programming Basics: Basic course over 6 weeks for Java beginners without programming experience (course provider: Udacity).
- Learning object-oriented programming: In this online course at edX, the Technical University of Munich gives an introduction to computer science and programming with Java. The course is based on the content of the Bavarian school subject computer science.
4.) Online lectures from universities: High quality academic content
Full video lectures are also available from some universities. The introductory programming courses are often based on Java. The focus of the university lectures is naturally on a general introduction to programming with an academic focus. Java serves as a simple language example for new students.
Conclusion: High quality lecture recordings for computer science students. Often too detailed for quick and focused coding learning.
- The basic lecture programming of the KIT / Karlsruhe with Java as an example language.
- The programming course at Clausthal University of Technology with 9 video lessons on Java.
- What happens when you listen to jazz
- Does Bulletproof Coffee Work? Is it legit
- What is an MBA degree
- Eric Swalwell has withdrawn from the race
- Where is V8 juice made
- The healthcare industries need management professionals
- How environmentally conscious are Bulgarians
- Does the Audi Q7 have DVD player
- What is the bandwidth of a signal
- What business people are great people too
- Why is Hawaii not a sovereign state
- What is a hole stream
- Where is Charlie Chaplin buried
- People want money because of insecurity
- When was the Samsung J2 manufactured
- How do I get customized grocery boxes
- Who learns the most
- Why not my newborn puppy sister
- What's wrong with my script
- What are the top 10 Iranian films
- Teleportation would make the future worse
- Who discovered biochemistry
- Which are India's largest foundries
- Is learning Python better than learning Java