Roger Federer will play Wimbledon 2020
Roger Federer will play until 2021 - at least
After the cancellation of Wimbledon, a statement by Roger Federer suggests that he will also play on the tennis tour in 2021.
Shortly after Wimbledon announced the cancellation of this year's tournament due to the corona pandemic, Roger Federer also spoke up. The record winner at Wimbledon (eight titles) wrote on Twitter that he was devastated. In addition to Wimbledon, the lawn tournament in Halle / Westphalia was canceled, where the 38-year-old Swiss won ten titles and wanted to get back on the tour in February after his knee operation.
- Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) April 1, 2020
Roger Federer: "I'm looking forward to my return to Halle"
The cancellation of Wimbledon also means that Federer's best chance of the 21st Grand Slam title has vanished into thin air. The big question is whether the “Maestro” wants to make a new attempt at Wimbledon in 2021, shortly before his 40th birthday. In a statement issued by the lawn tournament in Halle / Westphalia after their tournament was canceled, Federer announced: “We are going through difficult times, but we will emerge stronger from them. I am already looking forward to returning to Halle next year. Stay healthy! ”So this means that Federer would like to be there in Halle / Westphalia in 2021 - and then certainly also in Wimbledon. Because in his Instagram story he let it be known: “I'm already looking forward to coming back next year. This time only makes us more grateful for our sport! "
Making sure I still remember how to hit trick shots # TennisAtHomepic.twitter.com / DKDKQTaluY
- Roger Federer (@rogerfederer) March 30, 2020
Two days before the cancellation at Wimbledon, the Swiss was in a good mood and obviously well recovered from his knee operation. In a short video on social media, the 38-year-old presented his tricks on a ball wall - in snowy Switzerland. René Stammbach, President of the Swiss Tennis Association, assumes that Federer will also serve at the Olympic Games in Tokyo, which have been postponed to 2021. “In any case, we will do everything we can to ensure that he does that. Besides, he didn't have his knee operated on for free or just for hiking, ”Stammbach told the Swiss daily Look.
- What are the nutritional needs of an adult cat
- How much do Grofer providers earn
- What are examples of inorganic molecules
- What is the state motto of Ohio
- What is Android's runtime
- Why don't people eat freshwater fish?
- You can find your own team culture
- Who discovered color How are colors named?
- Why do people date narcissists
- What is Bridgewater Associates' investment strategy
- Why do people love computers
- Can there be morality with a god
- How do you prevent contractures
- How can I remove a report spam
- What are the best Spanish news sites
- Is my cat playful or scared?
- How does electricity stay in wires?
- Can there ever be more Bitcoin
- Has replaced Invisalign Teeth Straightening braces
- What is the best alternative to phpBB
- What is the largest water pistol
- Why did Iran enrich uranium reserves
- Which prepaid cards work with PayPal?
- What are the biggest challenges for quoras