Does a Europe adapter work in Switzerland?
Differences in plugs and sockets in Germany and Switzerland
Both the mains voltage (230 V) and the frequency (50 Hz) are identical in Germany and Switzerland. The good news: Electrical devices from one country can therefore be used in the other without any problems - without a transformer. The not-so-good news: In some cases an adapter is necessary for the plug. However, this generally does not apply to lamps and luminaires, for example.
Let's take a closer look at that. In Switzerland, the plug with the designation “J”, which has three contact pins, is common. In this form, it doesn't fit into any German socket.
In Germany, on the other hand, there are two types of plugs, each with two variants:
1. The round one Plug F with protective contact ("Schuko plug"). Due to its shape, it does not fit into the recessed sockets in Switzerland. In addition, the contact pins are too thick.
2. It is also available as a Variant "E + F", called "hybrid connector". It looks confusingly similar to the F-plug, but at the same time fits into E-sockets such as those found in France, for example. That doesn't change anything for Switzerland: It doesn't fit either.
3. Third in the league is the elongated oval plug C ("Euro plug"). It owes its nickname to the fact that it fits in most European countries - including Switzerland. It can be found on devices with low power such as radios, small devices or lights. You will therefore be able to connect lamps in Switzerland without any problems, even if they come with a "C" plug as standard.
4. Last but not least, there is the "Contour plug": It is a round C variant and also does not fit into Swiss sockets - as with Schuko and hybrid plugs, the shape and thickness of the contact pins prevent this. It can be found on devices such as hair dryers, drills or vacuum cleaners.
- Is the Telugu actor Nani overrated
- All payments are in ClickBank PPC
- Are head injuries dangerous
- Indians lie more than others
- Is stone paper scissors a game of chance?
- Who is Mamta Banerjee in reality
- Why did Candace Owens testify before Congress?
- What are oil paints used for?
- Do you know anyone through MBBS Biochem course
- What have you learned from using psychedelics
- How do videos improve search engine optimization?
- What place are blackhawks
- Why did Brian Fey go to Mexico
- What is the word Akhakhu in English
- Which websites are debate forums
- Can I get to UNC Chapel Hill
- What is related to hospitality management
- What are the best Spanish news sites
- Bible verses have copyrights
- What is a gratitude journal
- Should we be afraid of change
- What is DDL and give an example
- What does Mashable
- What is the tension briefly explain
- How do I find a partner
- What is the GATT trade agreement
- What is Goth Corporal
- Why do people classify the subject
- Why doesn't Mystique wear clothes?
- What recruiters call a fill-in position
- How does UV light affect bacterial growth?
- Make engineers good entrepreneurs
- Why should you hire a personal trainer?