Why are plants essential for human life
The sun of life
The entire evolution of life on earth took place under the light of the sun. It is therefore not surprising that light is essential for existence on our planet in many ways. Plants need it to generate energy through photosynthesis. They feed on sunlight, so to speak.
During this process, they produce, among other things, glucose and oxygen - substances that are in turn important for many animals: the oxygen they breathe and the sugar and the carbohydrates derived from it for food. The carbon dioxide that these living things exhale is reabsorbed by the plants. This closes a cycle that is driven by the power of the sun.
Man - a being of light
A large part of the flora and fauna is therefore dependent on light in order to survive. People have been aware of this paramount importance since ancient times. Many early cultures worshiped the sun as a deity, conjured up its daily return with magical rituals and were dismayed when its light suddenly disappeared unexpectedly during a solar eclipse.
Even today, many people long for the sun, especially during the dark season. “You don't have to be esoterically irradiated to call people a light being”, the science journalist Werner Bartens once wrote in the “Süddeutsche Zeitung”.
Not just for breathing and seeing
Because people also need light indirectly to breathe - and they need it to see. When light falls through our eyes, a colorful picture of the world arises in our head. The spectrum we see from 380 to 780 nanometers in wavelength ranges from violet, blue and green to yellow and red.
But the human body also reacts sensitively to light in other things: Daylight plays an important role as a natural human clock, it stimulates the production of vital vitamins, has beneficial effects and even has an impact on our psyche and our thinking ability.
- What is Speedo
- Is the winter sad
- At what age do milk teeth fall out
- Snapdeal delivers its product on Diwali
- Is there a virtual Silicon Valley
- Have prisoners access to books
- Why is your device shown as rooted
- What is the least socially accepted pain
- What are the general functions of proteins
- Is there a scope of the Russian language
- What is the worst restaurant in Milwaukee
- What more Pepsi or Coca Cola deserves
- What does it mean to be compassionate
- What are the best sunglasses for 2020
- How was your NDA 2 2019
- What is the propagation delay in digital circuits
- Who invented the quill pen?
- Who is Saint Germain
- How many kg are in 1 Kati
- Why does lightning strike the villages?
- Why is pneumonia called pneumonia syndrome
- What are your favorite creative tools
- Which is the best cell phone site
- Different cameras see the world differently