What are the best oxymorons
Ten stylistic devices for text analysis
Ancient and still very current: Stylistic devices are everywhere
Okay, okay: The fact that you first have to learn various technical terms by heart in order to be able to recognize and name rhetorical figures can be a bit annoying. But it is not for nothing that they have been in use since ancient times.
Every stylistic device has a certain effect, for example clarity, special emphasis or the creation of tension. In public speeches, in texts of all kinds and also in advertising that is why the linguistic means are still and again and again very popular - and it is worthwhile to (recognize) the little language tricks.
Alliteration is perhaps the best-known stylistic device. It consists of at least two consecutive words that have the same beginning. Important here: It's all about sound. "Math makes me tired!" is just as much an alliteration as the "weird character" in your favorite series or the "childish clown" on your little sister's birthday.
In the anaphor, the words are repeated at the beginning of two consecutive sentences or verses. Would you like an example? Please: "I love to get up early. I love to go to school."
The euphemism is a glossing over by which something unpleasant is circumscribed or "nicely packaged". Your chemistry exam z. B. you have not completely screwed up - it "just went a little suboptimally"
The hyperbola is exaggerating. With it, two tasks in math and English become "a mountain of homework", with which it is impossible to take care of the washing up.
The comparison links two areas of meaning by highlighting the similarities. A good indication is often the word "like": "This time I'm really hot as French fries for the holidays."
- Will India survive for the next 30 years?
- Why was the Messiah changed to Christ?
- Can you be addicted to vomiting?
- Have classic car prices reached their peak
- What is normality What is equivalent conductivity
- Is there a career in mobile photography
- In which places do satellite phones work
- How are the Revere Ware percolators made
- The U.S. Postal Service is dead
- How do call centers increase sales
- Is the Mint app safe
- Is microbiology a good stream to choose
- What is the Facebook load balancing strategy
- Is teleportation scientifically possible through quantum entanglement?
- How can a Hindu convert to Islam
- Why is Marmite so salty
- How the universe fulfills our various wishes
- How are domes built
- What is the pH of 0.05M HCl
- How secure is the Truecaller app
- Is Gayle Laakmann McDowell left-handed
- How do you get rid of false fingernails
- Facebook was started to make money
- Can I brush my German sheepdog teeth