How does HCL corrode zinc
Experiment of the month
If two metals are conductively connected to one another, aLocal element in front. Electrochemical reactions take place particularly quickly on local elements. Local elements therefore play a major role in technology, but also in medicine.
Equipment and chemicals:
2 M copper sulfate solution, zinc sheet, 2 M hydrochloric acid
Beaker, test tube, tripod.
A zinc sheet is half immersed in a copper sulfate solution. The sheet is covered with a brown-black copper layer. Place the tray with the copper coating facing up in a test tube filled with dilute hydrochloric acid (or dilute sulfuric acid). An intensive gas development immediately begins, which is strongest at the border between bare zinc sheet and copper coating. In the figure, a strong bubble formation can also be seen in the upper right corner, the point of application of the tweezers.
Zinc is a base metal, so it is attacked by dilute acids. A local element is present through the copper coating. Oxidation and reduction take place spatially separately on a local element. In this reaction, oxidation takes place on the free zinc surface:
Local elements can also be used for corrosion protection.
Local elements can be formed in the oral cavity when amalgam and gold fillings are introduced at the same time.Chemistry for doctors
Copper salts are harmful to health.
The neutralized solutions come to the heavy metal waste.
Literature & Links:
Chemistry internship for physicians: Experiment 5.4
Mrs Dipl.-Chem. Gisela Martinek, Mr Dipl.-Umw.Wiss. Simon Spycher and mr cand. med. Tobias Vogt I thank you very much for your support.
September 2003: Inertia of the alkanes
back to the current experiment
Page created on: Tuesday, September 30, 2003,A. Schunk, CCC Univ. Gain.
No responsibility is taken for the content of external sites!
- Which classical piano pieces make you cry?
- Why is WordPress no longer free
- What drink billionaires
- Where can I get good advice for life
- Manual tests versus automation tests
- Why should I choose to study translation?
- How many tin blowers are in one tone
- How do people become catfish
- What is the best college in geology
- What does ZAR stand for?
- Are there 4DX theaters in India
- What is the best astrological birth sign
- When will Sensex recover
- Is there an informative site like Quora
- Who is Sachin Tendulkar and Vikas
- Who made the 1962 hit Monster Mash
- How will 26AS and Form 16A be updated
- What is the meaning of logarithms
- In which language was MS DOS written
- What is liquid phosphorus trichloride
- Yoga makes your legs chunkier
- Russ is dangerous
- What's the worst about email
- How was Beto's voting result
- How many calories does weight training burn
- Who is the best photographer these days
- Is ejaculation good for an enlarged prostate?
- The earth contains intelligent life
- Will Tony Stark Award Steve Rogers
- Who are BYJU S.
- Why do lip fillers look so unnatural
- How much money does an IT programmer earn
- How do I learn methods in Java