Why does the US want Hawaii
Hawaii wants to increase promotion
The numbers are clear: around 25,800 German guests were counted in Hawaii in the first eight months of 2016, 9.1 percent fewer than in the same period of the previous year. With a market share of more than a quarter behind Great Britain (34,400 guests), Germany is still the second strongest European source market, but it fell more sharply than Europe as a whole (minus 3.7 percent). Caroline Anderson, Tourism Brand Manager at Hawaii Tourism, accepts the challenge: "We want to go up again with our promotion next year," she says confidently.
German visitors are popular because they stay long - an average of 13 days - and visit two to three of Hawaii's six main islands. It is precisely this diversity that Anderson wants to further promote: "We are not just an island destination with dream beaches, but offer six completely different travel experiences." Oahu with the hotspot Waikiki offers a lot of hustle and bustle, but also culture and history, Kauai impresses with its natural beauty and the The island of Hawaii (which no longer markets itself as the "Big Island") with active volcanism and 11 of the world's 13 climate zones.
The start of the major advertising and sales offensive is the current roadshow for travel agencies and tour operators in Zurich, Hamburg, Frankfurt and Munich with 14 partners, including the islands of Hawaii, Kauai, Maui and Oahu, United and Hawaiian Airlines and several hotels. “We are surprised by the strong response,” says local sales and marketing manager Katharina Dörr (Lieb Management): In Hamburg alone, 75 tourism professionals came, Dörr had to turn down various interested parties.
All travel professionals who did not get a place at the roadshow can look forward to the new online training, which starts in November. There is already a new free app: Go Hawaii, online for a few weeks, offers a lot of useful information for travel consultants and end users as well as original features such as special Hawaii emojis that can be used in SMS and social media. The poor number of visitors obviously unleashed a lot of creativity among Hawaii tourists.
- Why did you move to Santa Barbara
- What Northwestern University is known for
- How was your NDA 2 2019
- Do migrants collapse on the labor market?
- In which country did Cain kill Abel
- There is free chemistry software available
- Are the true masters of the earth cats
- Are people sources of heat
- Which is the world's largest processor
- How quickly is alcohol broken down
- How do I keep silent?
- Indians can participate in YouTube giveaways
- Where is recycling mandatory in the UK?
- What if the girl doesn't believe me
- What if you stop eating carrots
- How do I make spy books
- How can Spotify dominate the podcast industry
- How can you be a good Samaritan
- Really defeated Pradyumna Karna
- There will always be music
- What is the piping method
- Is there still a shield
- Which companies are best for growth hacking
- Are Bradford Exchange Plates worth anything