What are stimuli
Under a Charm one understands a goal-oriented or non-goal-oriented event that leads to the excitation (stimulation) of a perceptual structure (receptor).
The dualism between stimulus and perception means that stimuli can be just as diverse and complex as the receptors specialized for them. Stimuli are not linked to conscious perception. The consciously perceived stimuli (light, sounds, smells, etc.) represent only a small, interpreted section of the events registered by all receptors.
3.1 ... according to complexity
- Simple charms: They are of a physical (light, sound, temperature) or chemical (transmitter, hormone) nature and are perceived at the cellular level by specialized receptors.
- Interpreted stimuli: They summarize stimuli from individual receptors or receptor groups and process them into a simple concept (e.g. hunger) in the older brain regions.
- Complex stimuli: You address abstract social concepts (e.g. "recognition", "fame") and use learned reward and punishment experiences of the individual. Advertising, for example, works with complex stimuli.
3.2 ... according to receptor reference
- Adequate stimulus: The "correct" stimulus, i.e. the stimulus for which the receptor has the maximum sensitivity (e.g. light for the photoreceptors of the eye)
- Inadequate stimulus: A "false" stimulus that does not trigger an excitement at all or only at very high intensity (e.g. "see stars" when you press the eye)
- Why is the military attacking civilians
- How to write functional dependencies
- Lemon juice makes hair shiny
- How do people perceive money these days
- When will W2 forms be published online?
- Freezing destroys vitamin C.
- What are the sentences that start there
- What are stem cell compartments
- What are some tips for management
- How small can a video camera get?
- What's new with Apple Pay in May 2015
- As a Kenyan, online dating works
- Should a ninth grader buy from justice
- How rich is Hillary Clinton
- Why is my cat afraid of rabbits
- How do I integrate x lnx
- Are electronic goods allowed on a flight?
- What is an open investigation
- Flowers How big is the flower industry
- What gender do mosquitoes bite people
- What are examples of inorganic molecules
- What religion allows widow marriages
- What is the IRS 941 filing deadline
- Is cowardice seen as a war crime