How are peanuts harvested
Caring for peanuts: tips for a bountiful harvest
After the first seedlings have developed from a few untreated peanuts, you should take care of the peanut's small plants: moisture and warm temperatures are a must. Those who do not have a greenhouse can cultivate them on the windowsill and harvest them in late summer.
Caring for peanuts: slowly reduce nutrient intake
While the plant still needs a lot of water at the beginning of cultivation and some whole or vegetable fertilizer about every four weeks, you can gradually reduce the nutrient supply in summer. Furthermore, the plant is dependent on a lot of heat: It can withstand temperatures of up to 30 degrees Celsius and, unlike many other plants, even direct sunlight.
Therefore, you don't even need your own garden for a successful peanut harvest - the plant thrives even better on the windowsill.
From May to August it develops long-stemmed, butterfly-like flowers that together form an ovary. After a short time it bends down and grows directly into the ground. If the plant cannot do this on its own, you can take care of the peanut by helping. The fruits then ripen between July and September - usually with two seeds.
Harvest peanuts at the end of September
As soon as the leaves turn yellow, the peanuts are ripe. For the harvest you have to pull the entire plant including the roots out of the earth. Now you can pluck the legumes from the ovary. Before eating, you should dry the peanuts. Unroasted they taste like beans, only when they are roasted or cooked do they develop their typical aroma.
For a rich harvest in the coming year, you should completely refrain from watering or fertilizing the peanut plant in winter. You can take care of the peanut by spraying it with a little water from time to time - this will prevent the plant from drying out due to the heating air.
- How do you increase the torque
- Why is Brendon Urie's forehead so long
- How many visitors do WordPress sites get
- Dear girls, little men
- Which hobby of yours disturbs your family
- Why are humans social animals
- What's your craziest camping story
- Can non-Buddhists recite mantras
- How do I install Snow Leopard
- What google games are there
- How do videos improve search engine optimization?
- What weapons are made in your country
- How accurate are modern speedometers
- What's your favorite song from Ghost
- Where does the number 4 come from
- What is meant by perennial
- What is the LCM of 15
- What makes you an absolute savage
- DNA can be altered to extend life
- What are airlines doing about food waste
- Which superhero is unnecessarily sexualized the most?
- Has Obi Wan died a virgin
- Why do we need storage space
- How oils promote hair growth